Bilo- Warns: "Ups needs to wise up fast"

diesel96

Brown Conservative Fox Noise O'reilly fans......are you guys just going to stand there, while Bilo trashes your Employer ? :why:
O’Reilly fumed at UPS’s recent decision to stop advertising on The Factor. “Disappointingly, the UPS corporation helped” ThinkProgress “in their evil deed,” O’Reilly whined. " UPS needs to wise up fast.” Or what Bill? Will we be stalked, ambushed, and harassed by your henchmen as well?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHvwT0Lpxi0&eurl=http://thinkprogress.org/&feature=player_embedded

brett636

I tend to agree with Bill on this topic, and so many more. I can't count how many times I've wished management would wise up and do things right. Unfortunatly more often than not they do not. :(

As far as advertising on his show I would be interested in knowing if it was a business decision or a political one. Considering the huge audience he has my guess is they get more business from advertising on his show than any other cable news show in that time slot.

diesel96

I tend to agree with Bill on this topic, and so many more. I can't count how many times I've wished management would wise up and do things right. Unfortunatly more often than not they do not. :(

I agree with this statement Brett, but in a internal affair capacity. But IMO not as far as public relations is concerned.

As far as advertising on his show I would be interested in knowing if it was a business decision or a political one. Considering the huge audience he has my guess is they get more business from advertising on his show than any other cable news show in that time slot.

Being that UPS ran ads on both Bilo and Oberman, I'd say it was a business PR decision.

chev

Nightcrawler
That really did not look like he "fumed" to me. I guess how you take his comment has everything to do with how you view Bill. I don't think his statement was all that inflammatory. I'm not a big fan of his but I still don't see where this was all that big a deal.

I tend to agree with diesel about it being a PR decision at least until there is evidence proving otherwise. We all know how tight lipped UPS can be on these subjects so I think we can count on this being swept under the rug and forgotten.

Overpaid Union Thug

I watched him just yesterday and there was no "fuming" or anything of the sort. In fact, he said we (Fox) arent mad and are ready to move on. Whats the big deal?

brett636

Diesel- Then perhaps someone needs to show them these kind of ratings of fox versus other cable news

FNC – 1,367,000 viewers
CNN – 705,000 viewers
MSNBC –454,000 viewers

diesel96

Diesel- Then perhaps someone needs to show them these kind of ratings of fox versus other cable news

FNC – 1,367,000 viewers
CNN – 705,000 viewers
MSNBC –454,000 viewers

Advertisers are focused on younger demos. In that area, O’Reilly lags severly. Roughly 20% of primetime Fox News viewers were in the 25-54 demo, compared to 30% for CNN and 40% for MSNBC. And Fox News is consistently the slowest growing of all the cable news networks. I don't think its UPS's best interest to cater to the AARP Generation...:wheelchai...Unless of course, it's to deliver their perscriptions.....

Anyway, if you want to use ratings to declare this was a bad business decsion, I give extra credit for UPS and stand behind their descion because even with Fox's larger overall mature laden audience, it's principle over viewership. Kudos UPS !

tieguy

Banned
ups tries to market thierselves away from taking a position to avoid losing customers who are on the other side of that position. I don't think they should really support any news personality for that reason.