Biodegradable burial urns

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My son was home this past week and told me about biodegradable burial urns. The cremated ashes of the deceased are buried in a special urn which then grows in to a tree. Neither he nor I are big fans of the traditional funeral and we both think cemeteries are a waste of prime real estate.

www.urnabios.com

I jokingly asked him if the health of the tree was dependent on what kind of person the deceased was.

I actually like this idea and will do more research on it.

bbsam

Staff member
My son was home this past week and told me about biodegradable burial urns. The cremated ashes of the deceased are buried in a special urn which then grows in to a tree. Neither he nor I are big fans of the traditional funeral and we both think cemeteries are a waste of prime real estate.

www.urnabios.com

I jokingly asked him if the health of the tree was dependent on what kind of person the deceased was.

Why not just dig a hole, throw the ashes in, and plant a sapling over the ashes? Silly capitalism. Always overthinking things to make a buck.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

www.urnabios.com

I thought you favored tossing them in the dumpster

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I thought you favored tossing them in the dumpster
bj6o1p0.gif
tumblr_mn7gcbcXsQ1s4f4t0o1_400.gif

www.urnabios.com

When you are dead it doesn't matter

rod

Retired 22 years
Dude. When I dead, I really don't care. My wife wants her ashes to be saved on the mantle .. I said no problem, I will just have to die before you.

I could never figure out the "save the ashes" thing. I know a gal who has her mothers ashes in a urn-----------buried in the back of a closet. (no its not my wife) The ashes should be buried or spread---one or the other. Somewhere down the road if you save them --someone will toss them anyway----guaranteed.