Bishop E. W. Jackson

texan

Bishop E. W. Jackson

Bishop Jackson is an outspoken black Christian conservative with a law degree from Harvard.

He also was just selected as the nominee for Lt Governor of Virginia.

He is outspoken about limited government and personal freedom, about the importance of
family and traditional marriage.

As one can imagine, many voices are up in arms about this man.

Should be interesting as Virginia is one of two states this year (an off year) 2013
with a Governor's race.
Bishop E.W. Jackson, Sr. at AIM Conference: Obama's Contempt for Religious Freedom - YouTube

bbsam

Staff member
The only thing that strikes me about listening to Bishop Jackson is that all the fire about government overreach is only about the president. All the evil came to town when Obama was sworn in. Come on. An eloquent intelligent black minister speaking rehashed EIB talking points. Reminds me of when Republicans imported Alan Keyes to run against Obama in Illinois.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The Virginia governor's race is a bad joke this time around, a spineless hack vs a raving nutjob. Jefferson would be so proud...

bbsam

Staff member
Why do you refer to McAuliffe as a spineless hack? I always had heard he had a better reputation but really don't know much about him.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Why do you refer to McAuliffe as a spineless hack? I always had heard he had a better reputation but really don't know much about him.
All he's ever been is a paid political consultant/campaign adviser, he epitomizes the idea of political success for it's own sake as an end in itself. I have no illusions that he has any actual interest in governing my state, he's not even from here, he's never held elected office here at any level and it's pretty clear that just sees it as a stepping stone to something else down the road ( I realize that Cucinelli likely views it the same way at this point). For what it's worth I think he has a very good chance of winning because Cucinelli is such a hard right ideologue that a lot of folks will simply vote against him, and adding Jackson to the ticket might be the icing on that cake.

Upsmule

And besides....no "brutha" in his right mind would vote for an uncle tom whos for limited gummint and limited handouts.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
And besides....no "brutha" in his right mind would vote for an uncle tom whos for limited gummint and limited handouts.
See, you talk like that, and then wonder why black people might be disinclined to vote for your guy. You should give people a little more credit.

bbsam

Staff member

What I found highly damning of the Republican party was that when Keyes ran for president,all the conservative pundits LOVED what he had to say. Problem was that he could never get even 1% in any poll of Republican voter polls. Even Buchanan did better. So In a way, your statement may have some truth. Republicans won't vote for a black man.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
What I found highly damning of the Republican party was that when Keyes ran for president,all the conservative pundits LOVED what he had to say. Problem was that he could never get even 1% in any poll of Republican voter polls. Even Buchanan did better. So In a way, your statement may have some truth. Republicans won't vote for a black man.

SHHH... they think they are making "inroads"....

Marco Rubio is "their" key to hispanics.... YEA RIGHT! Paul Ryan is "thier" key to young voters..... YEA RIGHT! Sarah Palin is "thier" key to women voters... YEA RIGHT! and now, this black minister comes out with the Heritage Foundations interpretation of Smaller goverment and now "HE" is "their" key to black voters ...... YEA RIGHT!

The GOP is dead. OLD WHITE MEN in their twightlights of their lives watching their beloved political party destroying itself. The party of hate taught its followers well. They STILL HATE and america knows it.

Now those OLD WHITE men have to yield to something new, something unique, something different.

Unfortunately, its gay marriage, miniorities in office, equal pay for women and all votes counting. Not your typical GRAND OLD PARTY anymore, eh fellas?

Peace

TOS

Upsmule

You sir,are a racist. burn crosses much?????

Haha! Truth is such a BITCH ain't it?

I'd vote for Alan Keys in a heartbeat! And I can't wait till Allen West throws his hat into the ring of candidates! See most folks these days don't see skin color anymore, unlike you gov trusters that have to keep people "in their place" according to race and social status ie tax bracket. You hypocrite....when blacks show up to the polls in record numbers for the last two presidential elections, simply because "it's our turn now" not because of his proven failed ideology....exactly who are the racists again?

BrownArmy

The only problem is that both Alan Keyes and Allen West are insufferable idiots...

Makes no difference that they're black.

Sooo...if they won't get votes either way (from Dems or Repubs, and MOS DEF not from blacks), what's the fuss?

Carny barker ****e.

texan

Marco Rubio is "their" key to hispanics.... YEA RIGHT! Paul Ryan is "thier" key to young voters..... YEA RIGHT! Sarah Palin is "thier" key to women voters... YEA RIGHT! and now, this black minister comes out with the Heritage Foundations interpretation of Smaller goverment and now "HE" is "their" key to black voters ...... YEA RIGHT!

The GOP is dead. OLD WHITE MEN in their twightlights of their lives watching their beloved political party destroying itself. The party of hate taught its followers well. They STILL HATE and america knows it.

Now those OLD WHITE men have to yield to something new, something unique, something different.

Unfortunately, its gay marriage, miniorities in office, equal pay for women and all votes counting. Not your typical GRAND OLD PARTY anymore, eh fellas?

Peace

TOS
As I have said before, Mr. Texan is Conservative, not Republican.

But most Conservatives are bound to run on the Republican ticket, as after 200 years, we still seem to only
have two major party tickets. Sigh

I guess we will see in the mid terms 2014. I have no predictions. Just that, we all shall see.

Either we will go further down the toilet, or possibly go against the tide.

I am so tired of McCain, and other back and forth Republicans.

Paul Rand seems refreshing in his going against the grain ways.

Yet I could never vote for Hillary (did I spell it correctly Mr. NEG REP Roadrunner2012?)or any super
left side runner for President.

I would rather drink a gallon of anti-freeze.

Again we shall see which way we are headed in 2014 / 2016.

2013 in Virginia will be interesting.

Upsmule

Peace

TOS
As I have said before, Mr. Texan is Conservative, not Republican.

But most Conservatives are bound to run on the Republican ticket, as after 200 years, we still seem to only
have two major party tickets. Sigh

I guess we will see in the mid terms 2014. I have no predictions. Just that we all shall see.

Either we will go further down the toilet, or possibly go against the tide.

I am so tired of McCain, and other back and forth Republicans.

Paul Rand seems refreshing in his going against the grain ways.

Yet I could never vote for Hillary (did I spell it correctly Mr. NEG REP Roadrunner2012?)or any super
left side runner for President.

I would rather drink a gallon of anti-freeze.

Again we shall see which way we are headed in 2014 / 2016.

2013 in Virginia will be interesting.

Exactly. It took a Jimma Carter administration that topped off 34+ years of liberal majorities that handed us the state of the union of the 70s to wake enough ostriches up and usher prosperity and Americanism back in once again beginning with the Reagan years....now, a global war on terror, along with a congress run by Pelosi and Reid for the better part of the Bush years, and now president Barry Soetoro with NEW national debt soaring into well over 16trillion and growing! Record numbers of dependent people on food stamps and welfare....yeah, Nov 2014 should be telling.....just like the last midterms were. Time will tell. And maybe another Barry run controversy or two :/

Suckers.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Haha! Truth is such a BITCH ain't it?

I'd vote for Alan Keys in a heartbeat! And I can't wait till Allen West throws his hat into the ring of candidates! See most folks these days don't see skin color anymore, unlike you gov trusters that have to keep people "in their place" according to race and social status ie tax bracket. You hypocrite....when blacks show up to the polls in record numbers for the last two presidential elections, simply because "it's our turn now" not because of his proven failed ideology....exactly who are the racists again?
you are still a racist sir,creating Straw Arguments dosent keep us all from seeing it.

bbsam

Staff member
I am sorry, texan, that your view is shared by the likes of upsmule. It seems odd that one can hold the same view both born of logical disagreement and hatred as well.