Bitcoin/Ethereum/cryptocurrencies

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
futurama-cult.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The cult of protecting wealth from the money printing/military industrial complex cartel. AKA….. “Congress.”
I own Bitcoin.

I believe it has uses, and like the trust that a decentralized ledger provides.

I don't subscribe to any of the religious devotion that people have that seems to be based solely off of the historical returns.

Very few here have any idea of how Bitcoin actually works. They just hear the marketing buzz and get excited.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I don’t know about :censored2: coins but Bitcoin is amazingly simple. But the inability to count change is definitively true. They’re more worried about TikTok and arguing with strangers online than protecting their own money.
Maxis. Gotta love it.

From a code perspective, what advantage does Bitcoin have over, say, Litecoin?

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
I own Bitcoin.

I don't subscribe to any of the religious devotion that people have that seems to be based solely off of the historical returns.

Very few here have any idea of how Bitcoin actually works. They just hear the marketing buzz and get excited.
What religious devotion? I haven’t seen any here. I didn't scroll every single post going back to 2019 or whatever but I skimmed through allot.

I DCA every week and eventually transfer it out to “cold storage.” I’ve read that book. I listen to a podcast and scroll “X” to keep up with what’s going on with the feds, ETFs, and other countries. Like anyone with a substantial investment should. No religion or religious behavior in that at all.

Those that fall for the marketing buzz are mostly day traders and paper hands.
From a code perspective, what advantage does Bitcoin have over, say, Litecoin?
You should listen to/read that book. Not only will it answer that question a hell of allot better than I can, but, as an investor in Bitcoin yourself, it would likely increase your confidence in it in other ways. I thought I understood allot about Bitcoin (and block chains in general) but that book “learned” me quite a bit.

Answering from a practical standpoint….those alt coins aren’t going to be a long term store of value like BTC isn likely going to continue to be. They are good for day trading and staking. And a few of the utilities behind them seem promising. Such as “Trac”‘for example.

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You should listen to/read that book. Not only will it answer that question a hell of allot better than I can, but, as an investor in Bitcoin yourself, it would likely increase your confidence in it in other ways. I thought I understood allot about Bitcoin (and block chains in general) but that book “learned” me quite a bit.
I'm a senior member on Bitcointalk.
Wrote a javascript based PoC Bitcoin miner to learn how it all worked.
I wrote a paper wallet generator app for a reasonable sized altcoin before their launch.
Can write code in Solidity for the EVM.
Wrote a library to simplify Bitcoin RPC calls into an easier to use API.

I'm good. I know what I need to know.

Answering from a practical standpoint….those alt coins aren’t going to be a long term store of value like BTC isn likely going to continue to be. They are good for day trading and staking. And a few of the utilities of them seem promising. Such as “Trac”‘for example.
Translation:

Bitcoin has a hype train, and Litecoin doesn't.
So invest in Bitcoin, because moon.

Thebrownblob

I own Bitcoin.

I have some,
I wrote a paper wallet generator app for a reasonable sized altcoin before their launch.

Translation:

1714316697464.gif

Thebrownblob

I have a couple two dollar bills, some Mexican pesos and some leftover tokens from Chuck E. Cheese. One of Those is gonna be worth something someday.. I got your moon right here

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Translation:

Translation…..”I know how to write code so ignore past performance, worldwide adoption rates, and any and all other viable indicators that BTC is the superior asset.” LOL.

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

Given that Bitcoin is just math and code, I’d say that lends me more credibility than someone that read an ebook. ;)
Despite your desperate and failed attempt to make it so….your credibility vs mine is not an issue. And I think you know that. Otherwise you’d not be trying to make it personal in light of plenty of evidence that proves BTC is the superior asset.

That doesn’t mean there’s no value utility in alt coins. I never said that. Yet, for some reason me simply mentioning a book triggered your “cult” meme anyway. Perhaps you, despite the laundry list of accolades you volunteered, aren’t really that secure in your own decisions? But attack those who are discussing their own? And you call Bitcoiners a cult? OK!

LMFAO!

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Despite your desperate and failed attempt to make it so….your credibility vs mine is not an issue. And I think you know that. Otherwise you’d not be trying to make it personal in light of plenty of evidence that proves BTC is the superior asset.

That doesn’t mean there’s no value utility in alt coins. I never said that. Yet, for some reason me simply mentioning a book triggered your “cult” meme anyway. Perhaps you, despite the laundry list of accolades you volunteered (for some reason), aren’t really that secure in your own decisions? But attack those who are discussing their own? And you call Bitcoiners a cult? OK!

LMFAO!
I think that most owners of bitcoin are here for the beanie baby effect.

Litecoin has the same primary codebase as Bitcoin, faster block time, cheaper transaction fees, and more decentralized mining pools.

If this was genuinely about superior technology and the evolution of finance, things like that would matter to the Maxis.

Thebrownblob

I think that most owners of bitcoin are here for the beanie baby effect.

Litecoin has the same primary codebase as Bitcoin, faster block time, cheaper transaction fees, and more decentralized mining pools.

If this was genuinely about superior technology and the evolution of finance, things like that would matter to the Maxis.
Hey my beanie baby collection is my retirement plan!!!