Blurring the Political Constructs

wkmac

I make my living at farmers’ markets and know my core clientele well. It generally doesn’t sport “Gun Control Is Hitting Your Target” t-shirts, so it struck me when such a one showed up at our booth. In answer to my teasing, the wearer asked a telling question: “What could be more conservative than eating what my grandparents ate, eating it in season, and knowing my farmer neighbors?”
I had to admit he was on to something.
The local-foods movement, springing from a generally affluent, generally left-leaning, and disenchanted consumer base, has been so thoroughly identified with a “liberal” mantra that the movement is often derided by the right. To be sure, much of the poetic allegiances, arbitrary “local” circumferences, and irrational fears of all things Monsanto grates on the nerves of those who pride themselves on reasoned decision-making. Yet for those of us who see folly in centralized power, this movement has something to tell us. It is reinventing how many of us eat — and how an increasing number of us produce — food.
Local Food Makes Strange Dining Companions

wkmac

Ahhh, not to worry, eveb the best of us mess up every now and ten. :)

I like giving you lesser mortals a gift every once in a while! :wink2:

Normally before I post, I click preview and actually test the link but didn't this time. You and I have agreed before about local markets and I think you of all people here will appreciate the article itself.

Oh I did appreciate the article just couldn't pass on a chance to ding ya a little.

I don't have a preview button....hmmm

moreluck

golden ticket member
Oh I did appreciate the article just couldn't pass on a chance to ding ya a little.

I don't have a preview button....hmmm
When you hit the "post quick reply" button and then type your words, at the bottom is 2 choices, "submit reply" or "preview post". That's the preview button!

Oh, never used the "quick rely" before. It's either reply to thread or reply with quote.

Still didn't show preview...