Bob Seger tonight

raceanoncr

Seger's here at 7:30 tonight. Ain't been a real big fan all my life but outta-town feeder driver and his wife love this stuff and are gonna come in for the eve.

Loved "Travelin Man", "Main Street", tho.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
The beginning riffs of this song make my knees week.

The words...they make me as strong as I can be...LIKE A ROCK.
[video=youtube;ygkfxQUfqi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygkfxQUfqi0&feature=related[/video]

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
[video=youtube;HjDpKeiYxOU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjDpKeiYxOU&feature=related[/video]
one of my favs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
She had points of her own...sittin' way up high

he has lots of good songs

That he does.

We use to live next door to a guy who played music when he was in his backyard and for 11 years he never played anything but Bob Seger.
Luckily I like Bob Seger.

raceanoncr

Gotta say this was one of the best shows I've ever seen. I haven't seen as many as most of you because of my pryor schedule or narrow taste but this is one I'd do again.

Won my applause when walking out. Had Harley-Davidson shirt on. Started with "Fire Down Below". Rocked. Did "Main Street", the movie "Risky Business" anthem-"Old Time Rock and Roll", almost everything from every album. Damn near a 2 hour show with 5 min break (as he promised) in between.

Sax player, Alto Reed (not his real name, go figger) belted out tunes just like the records on a variety of saxes, mostly the alto, hmmm. Been with Seger since '71.

Bass player's been with him since '68.

The real star(s), tho, besides Seger and the back-up singer MIL*s, in my opinion, was Don Brewer, ex-drummer for Grand Funk Railroad. During the long transition between "Travelin Man" and "Beautiful Loser" his drumsticks were on fire! Long time Patrick Simmons look-alike lead guitarist was dancing all around for what seemed like 10 min while drummer kept pounding, just like original record. Then during the slow start to "Beautiful Loser", Bob came out with change of shirt.

The only things missing from this show was pyrotechnics, choreography, and an ego-boosting big screen backdrop TV.

Great show. Had 20-something in our group that went nuts over it also. Go see if you're into great music.

iowa boy

Gotta say this was one of the best shows I've ever seen. I haven't seen as many as most of you because of my pryor schedule or narrow taste but this is one I'd do again.

Won my applause when walking out. Had Harley-Davidson shirt on. Started with "Fire Down Below". Rocked. Did "Main Street", the movie "Risky Business" anthem-"Old Time Rock and Roll", almost everything from every album. Damn near a 2 hour show with 5 min break (as he promised) in between.

Sax player, Alto Reed (not his real name, go figger) belted out tunes just like the records on a variety of saxes, mostly the alto, hmmm. Been with Seger since '71.

Bass player's been with him since '68.

The real star(s), tho, besides Seger and the back-up singer MIL*s, in my opinion, was Don Brewer, ex-drummer for Grand Funk Railroad. During the long transition between "Travelin Man" and "Beautiful Loser" his drumsticks were on fire! Long time Patrick Simmons look-alike lead guitarist was dancing all around for what seemed like 10 min while drummer kept pounding, just like original record. Then during the slow start to "Beautiful Loser", Bob came out with change of shirt.

The only things missing from this show was pyrotechnics, choreography, and an ego-boosting big screen backdrop TV.

Great show. Had 20-something in our group that went nuts over it also. Go see if you're into great music.

Race,

How was traffic with the ball game last night? I read there was close to 30,000 people downtown for both the game and the concert.

raceanoncr

Race,

How was traffic with the ball game last night? I read there was close to 30,000 people downtown for both the game and the concert.

Yeah, you're right. Ball game started at 7, concert at 7:30 and shared parking lots. Dumb move on schedulers part. Must be former UPS dispatchers. We got there bout 6:30, I got dropped off at front door (I know, what a p***y but I'm still nursing this broken ankle), ladies did too. Driver found spot in a lot about 4 blks away. Said it took him shorter time to walk in than to find parking.

Show was over bout 11. Most of ball gamers were out by then. I walked about 2 blks, traffic didn't seem too bad. I gave out (I know, what a p***y again), he went further and picked us up, then 5 min later, we were outta there.

Paper today said whole thing went better than expected. No problem, they said.