Boots

!Retired!

Do they have to be black ?
By policy, yes.
rules are meant to be broken
Yes....but to a point. You can get away with a little gray, but not colors like red, yellow, blue, etc.
You sure you want insulated and waterproof. Those will be hot as hell.
True.....I have a pair of Merrell hiking boots I use in the winter. They are waterproof, but my feet get a little sweaty. I'll live with the sweating over being soaked anyday.

Sparky

FedEx employees also get a discount if you go to a Red Wing retail store. That, along with the shoe allowance, you can get a pretty nice pair. The ONLY issue I have with mine is their a little heavier than I would like.
Wish I knew that when I bought a couple of pairs for work and personal use

outtatime

We were told straight up that we no longer get a shoe allowance years ago. We have roller decking and no one wears steel toes.
I bet an anonymous call to OSHA would change that real quick. I guarantee if someone got their foot crushed by an AMJ without steel toed shoes on they would get a preventable accident and a warning letter.

dezguy

Every employee in operations, or who visit the belts must wear steel toes, here. I find it strange, we have to wear steel toes here but you guys and gals don't have to, there.

DeliveryException

Every employee in operations, or who visit the belts must wear steel toes, here. I find it strange, we have to wear steel toes here but you guys and gals don't have to, there.
We only have to have steel or composite toe if you work on the roller deck moving cans. If you are inside cans offloading you don't though.

We do have the slip on type up there for temporary use.

MommaDriver

Can you get carbon fiber toe, or does it have to be steel or composite ones? I ordered boots for winter, just to be told after the fact that they have to say the toe protection type as well as be black in color. However, nobody specifically said exactly what the toe protection type has to be. Steel toe in Northern New England winter temperatures is a bad idea, in my opinion.

Side note** $95 boot reimbursement not changing in almost 7 years (from when this thread was being actively discussed) is absolutely ridiculous considering inflation, $95 USD in 2017 is equivalent to approximately $120 USD now.