Boxing

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
So ESPNEWS has the 1987 Hagler vs Leonard fight on right now. I remember watching this. I remember this was Sugar Rays first fight in some years. I remember Hagler got robbed.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
Hagler always seemed like the down to Earth professional and Leonard was the showboat artist. Had a lot of endorsements and what not. You never heard much from Hagler until it was fight time. He never did the commercials that Sugar Ray did. He laid low. He was my kind of guy. I never liked Leonard too much.

oldngray

nowhere special

In his prime I would have loved to see Butterbean fight Ali or Fraser or Tyson. I think he could have beat all 3.
john-candy-lean-mean.png

728ups

All Trash No Trailer

In his prime I would have loved to see Butterbean fight Ali or Fraser or Tyson. I think he could have beat all 3.
Beat Ali????
Pass that crack pipe this way. He’s have never found Ali, and when he was dragged into the deep waters he’d have drowned.

El Correcto

god is dead

Probably the worse boxing take I’ve ever read besides people who genuinely thought McGregor had a chance against Floyd.

El Correcto

god is dead
Beat Ali????
Pass that crack pipe this way. He’s have never found Ali, and when he was dragged into the deep waters he’d have drowned.
Yeah butterbean was well know for only doing 4 round fights. Anyone who has ever watched his unanimous decision would see the dude had no cardio and was a fat sack of :censored2:.

I wouldn’t even be scared of Butterbean, literally just run away from the fatty, tire him out and then go back for the kill.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yeah butterbean was well know for only doing 4 round fights. Anyone who has ever watched his unanimous decision would see the dude had no cardio and was a fat sack of :censored2:.

I wouldn’t even be scared of Butterbean, literally just run away from the fatty, tire him out and then go back for the kill.
I would pay to see that fight.

rod

Retired 22 years

Then all he has to do is stand there -make a few aggressive moves on you -and wait to be awarded the victory because you ran like a 7th grade girl.

El Correcto

god is dead
Then all he has to do is stand there -make a few aggressive moves on you -and wait to be awarded the victory because you ran like a 7th grade girl.
I’m not talking about beating butterbean in a boxing contest. He was always placed in a small ring for only 4 rounds. He would definitely beat me under those conditions.

I love butterbean by the way and I also respect him as a boxer. You are just trolling and I’m playing around with you a bit.

El Correcto

god is dead
I like Roy Nelson more.
I wouldn’t even joke about beating Roy Nelson in a fight, he would knock me on my ass and strangle me to death.

El Correcto

god is dead
I don’t care if people raise someone’s hand as the winner. Butterbean is just not a physical threat to me because he can’t catch me. If he continued to try to catch me he might work himself into a cardiac arrest and then I would let him go gently of natural causes. Might even give the guy a sympathetic ear while he lay dying of heart failure.

Even in a 4 round boxing match in that tiny ridiculous side show ring he fought in, Prime Mike Tyson would decapitate Butterbean, Ali would put on a boxing clinic and same for Joe Frazier.

I like butterbean, but recognize him for what he is.