Lunch time "glitch"

undies

I noticed something that nobody else has apparently seen. So I come here to see if anyone else can verify or dispute my theory.

I recently had an issue with my start time being incorrect, I asked to have it adjusted to show my actual start time. No issue there, they had me at 9:10 and they changed it back to 9:00 as posted. However, when I got back in for the day, I had a note saying that after the fix I was only getting 7.99 since I took a 31 minute lunch, I had only worked my guaranteed 8 on that day. I was confused, since I am pretty damn sure I have never taken a lunch over the mandatory 30, my supervisor said I probably made a mistake and didn't notice. So of course I look into it myself and now that we can check our timecards online, I found that there have been lots of times where I was coded a .52 lunch, or 31 minute lunch! What the? So yesterday I took my lunch at lets say 1:00 pm and 57 seconds, punched the lunch out at 1:31 and 3 seconds and took a picture, said I had taken a 30 minute 5 second lunch, but when I checked my timecard later, it showed up as .52 or 31 minutes for lunch. So I thought if this was happening to me every so often, Im losing minutes of paid time, but when you look at total amount of employees taking a lunch and unknowingly getting dinged for an extra minute of lunch, it likely adds up to A LOT of money over time.

TL;DR - Our lunches are being rounded up and being charged an extra minute if you start it at ending seconds of the minute. Can anyone else check their time cards and see if this had happened to them? Thanks!

Commercial Inside Release

Can't remember for sure, but I believe I started punching back in about a minute early for the same reason. I got sick of having to constantly monitor the time, instead of have those last swigs and watching some fatty's tits jiggle.

tadpole

I've noticed something that may or may not be related to what you've noticed. If you go to meal/break, then push the time button, then select the time, then hit start lunch, the time starts at 0:00. But if you start the lunch right before the minute hand changes, then push start lunch, the timer starts at 1:00 right as you begin your lunch! I believe this may be the cause of what you have noticed with rounding up.

I wonder if we could get this to work in our favor. Perhaps if each day you start your half hour lunch at 12:00 and 1 second and then punch out at 12:30 and 59 seconds (for example), maybe you get paid almost a full minute for time you were on break???

rod

Retired 22 years
All this over a frekin minute? Good god--if you can't find a way to (sometime during the day) sneak in an extra minute or 2 of delivery time to make up for it you ain't much of a driver.

tadpole

It just feels wrong when you see they're taking 1 minute out of your break time. I know it's just a measly minute, but it makes me mad anyway. 🤷‍♂️ I'm not the type of guy to purposely waste time for an extra minute or two when I'm on the clock.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
I noticed something that nobody else has apparently seen. So I come here to see if anyone else can verify or dispute my theory.

I recently had an issue with my start time being incorrect, I asked to have it adjusted to show my actual start time. No issue there, they had me at 9:10 and they changed it back to 9:00 as posted. However, when I got back in for the day, I had a note saying that after the fix I was only getting 7.99 since I took a 31 minute lunch, I had only worked my guaranteed 8 on that day. I was confused, since I am pretty damn sure I have never taken a lunch over the mandatory 30, my supervisor said I probably made a mistake and didn't notice. So of course I look into it myself and now that we can check our timecards online, I found that there have been lots of times where I was coded a .52 lunch, or 31 minute lunch! What the? So yesterday I took my lunch at lets say 1:00 pm and 57 seconds, punched the lunch out at 1:31 and 3 seconds and took a picture, said I had taken a 30 minute 5 second lunch, but when I checked my timecard later, it showed up as .52 or 31 minutes for lunch. So I thought if this was happening to me every so often, Im losing minutes of paid time, but when you look at total amount of employees taking a lunch and unknowingly getting dinged for an extra minute of lunch, it likely adds up to A LOT of money over time.

TL;DR - Our lunches are being rounded up and being charged an extra minute if you start it at ending seconds of the minute. Can anyone else check their time cards and see if this had happened to them? Thanks!
Are you in feeders or package?

M-E-T-H-O-D Man

Yes, I’ve noticed. Took a 1 hour 47 sec lunch and it showed 1.00
The next day 1 hour 8 sec and it showed 1.01
make it make sense. Multiple times it’s been off by .01 or .02
It adds up when you’re taking from thousands.

tadpole

If it works the way I think, then it should theoretically even out. Some days you get almost an extra minute. Other days you lose almost a minute.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Boy, you guys would really be mad then if you worked in the 80s or 90s when the company just took an hour off your time no matter how much lunch you took.

Siveriano

On feeders is you work lets say 14 hours, from 9am to 11pm and the next day your start time is at 10am again, if you clock in before 9am then you will be on the 10 hours rest mandatory violation, why?
when you punched out at midnight you were already on the11:00 minute of the next day even a few seconds so when you clock in before 10am, once the clock changes to 10am, you will be short a few second for your complete 10 hours reset.
The way to avoid being on violation is punching in at 9:00:30 or some crap like that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

On feeders is you work lets say 14 hours, from 9am to 11pm and the next day your start time is at 10am again, if you clock in before 9am then you will be on the 10 hours rest mandatory violation, why?
when you punched out at midnight you were already on the11:00 minute of the next day even a few seconds so when you clock in before 10am, once the clock changes to 10am, you will be short a few second for your complete 10 hours reset.
The way to avoid being on violation is punching in at 9:00:30 or some crap like that.
If start time is 10 a.m. the following day how is there any issue?

Michael Scott

Cant imagine being forced to take an hour lunch everyday. We only have to take 1 minute where im at. But are allowed to take as much as we want.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Cant imagine being forced to take an hour lunch everyday. We only have to take 1 minute where im at. But are allowed to take as much as we want.
Wait until after Christmas… bet this will be a hot topic…. Everyone taking their 30 and whatever breaks they get.

rod

Retired 22 years
There were a few times I took more. :-) If I got shorted on a check (say by 10 minutes) learned it was easier to sit my :censored2: down for an extra ten minutes at lunch than try to get a pay adjustment. It all evened out in the end.