break question.

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by browntroll, Aug 23, 2013.

1. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

just heard a pick off guy tell me his sup was telling him to go on break but he didnt see the sup send a replacement,
    so he kept working. would he have been better off going on break and letting everything go? or staying put till
    a replacement pick off person was sent? .he stayed but then was given a talking to by sup about leaving on break when
    he tells him to but he was worried about getting written up for missorts/crossovers and his partner who normally
    walks the belts was in the restroom.
  2. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

this company broke me many years ago , sorry can't answer your question .
  3. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

Always work as directed - it's the supervisor's problem. If he gets written up, file, file, file.
  4. browntroll

browntroll Active Member

he told me he had already gotten a warning for too many missorts/crossovers about 2 weeks ago and didnt want to give
    them an excuse to actually write him up for it. is that even possible? i told him next time just leave or tell the full time
    sup whats going on. also sup told him, he(sup) is only given a few hours for him(pter) a day and made him go over by staying.
  5. Bagels

Bagels Family Leave Fridays!!!

The employee needs to work as directed. If the supervisor advises him to go on break, the employee should seek clarification; e.g. 'I'm the only person up here as X is currently in the little girl's room - do you want me to go anyway?' and if the answer's affirmative, he needs to work as directed. If he's worried, have him write down the time* he was sent on break along with an notation that his partner wasn't present in the pick. If discipline is issued for missorts/crossovers during the time period he was away, have him file.

*ALWAYS do this on break or after work -- NEVER on company time.