Brown Cafe Warning

W

westsideworma

DIAD 4 doesn't sit in a charger. Just a holder on the bottom of the old DIAD 3 holder.

well I don't know the specifics of the DIAD 4, our center is still on 3, I was just mentioning an example of the frivolous things they were rumored to be attempting to monitor eventually, (regardless of the DIAD, as they didn't say it was specifically being routed through DIAD 4) according to what we were told. :wink:

browniehound

Ok. Please excuse my ignorance and correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying DIAD 4 can run a diagnostic on the engine of my piece of crap 1987 package car's engine??????:confused:1

cental34

I'm not surprised to see this, but I can say a lot more on here than I was at my previous job when I worked relay. We were sworn to strict confidentiality, but after having to process prank and scam calls all day and be able to do nothing about it, the only real way to vent was go to the IP relay operator's forum, and blow some steam. Management would fire you for even knowing the site exsited.

W

westsideworma

Ok. Please excuse my ignorance and correct me if I'm wrong. Are you saying DIAD 4 can run a diagnostic on the engine of my piece of crap 1987 package car's engine??????:confused:1

no DIAD can in itself, other electronics are required, older package cars may not work the same way, but newer ones have on board computers, (all modern engines do) that relay codes to tell mechanics what is wrong, is it so hard to believe that this information could be fed to the diad with the right technology? That type of stuff I doubt would be useful or what UPS wants but with the right amount of money, plus want/need for control anything is possible these days.

browntruckmechanic

Well isn't that special ?????????
Man you people are sure Paranoid.
Diad has NO capabilities to read diagnostic codes for ANY vehicles in UPS fleet. 2 totally different computer languages, as I stated in different post. Houston hub is testing a system that in the Automotive world is known as a Snapshot, or another term used is co pilot. This program connects to vehicles PCM (power train control module). Snapshot records computer information for 45-60 depending on manufacture.
Typically when check engine light comes on snapshot will retain 15 seconds of engine information before the check engine light comes on to the 60 second mark ie.... Eng rpm, mph, long and short fuel trim, this information is called freeze frame data. Now in Houston there is a reader on the doors leading in to the center that scans applicable package cars. If there is a trouble code than Automotive is notified by email about trouble code/s. I used this system all the time when I worked at the Ford/Mazda Dealer. This works real well on cars w/intermittent issues that seems to clear up before we can get a chance to look at car.

Does anyone know why management is pushing upsers.com so much. Now they have it in our center where you can use their computers to access the site. Wonder if they have a stroke count program to get passwords or what.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Does anyone know why management is pushing upsers.com so much. Now they have it in our center where you can use their computers to access the site. Wonder if they have a stroke count program to get passwords or what.

Our pc at work just sits there and collects dust. Most everyone has a pc at home, and if they dont, they dont know or care what one is and most likely wouldnt know how to use it. I was told, doesnt mean its right, but you cannot access your sales leads from home, only from a pc at the center. I do know you can view them through the reward earners website, not from upsers.com, but whether you can at the work pc I dont know coz as I said its covered in dust.

Channahon

UPSers.com was developed in response to an ERI question regarding communications being received timely. Good source of information for all UPSer's.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
If they can get you used to using it (to access your pay info.), they figure they'll have less resistance to eliminating paper paychecks, only ETF (electronic funds transfer/direct deposit) or check cards in the future.

Slothrop

The only thing you need to be an internet expert is Google.

There are websites which show you your ip address when you log on. They also detect proxy servers etc. To illustrate what it looks like when you're running thru a proxy, this is the info I just saw for myself:

Interesting stuff... maybe I'll try to get a job in the IT dept now. And as I just found out, some public proxys don't support CoDeeN or something? Couldn't post or preview post so had to switch back to private proxy which does httm and httml or something like that. I'm just a dumb truck driver from Switzerland, what do i know.
Of course hot linking to photos at your personal pbase account would pretty much reveal your identity.

canon

Of course hot linking to photos at your personal pbase account would pretty much reveal your identity.
75105493.jpg

That's what I like about this board... everyone looks out for each other. :thumbup1:

B

Based on past i'd say

Contract communication. Strike contract Teamster members uniformed. Only source of information/mis-information was gossip. Pension! 60% of contributions are going out the window. UPS wants members to know.
Time will tell. Pension reform= increased benes and cost savings. IMHO.