Bush Asking For Increased Military Powers?

D

dannyboy

Al Gore is a fool. And you complain about pell grants being reduced and the costs of education rising? Then lets take good ole al off the tennessee department of education payroll. After all he has been getting paid to teach but yet does not do any teaching.

And if you want to talk about racists and the effect of racism, what about als daddy? More against the civil rights you will never find. Hell It would not suprise me that the Gore's were slave owners. But I would guess that al has forgotten all that and has a very different private view on blacks in America.

I hope he runs again. And again and again. Your frustration will be very much enjoyed.

BTW, nothing from you about the Dems that are the ones supporting the pres for life that you linked to?

d

T

tieguy

"Only the most blind loyal partisan will defend the current leadership as it pertains to the size and scope of gov't."

If you don't mind I think I'll defend the process rather than the individuals. I get as pissed as anyone at some of the politcial shannigans that take place. I do however believe this will be one conseguence of a system that splits and balances the power that runs this country. Its too easy to take a "none of the above" position but to do so I believe you basically take yourself out as a participant. Everyone should participate. I would never tell you Bush is perfect in fact he has many qualities I don't care for. But he has more qualities I do like. So I supported him over his opponent. Voting for a third choice that has zero support in this country takes me out of the political process. Its a nice little statement to make about your dissatisfaction with the process but thats where it ends.

S

susiedriver

danny,

I'm sure you know much more about Gore than I do, all I'm saying is that he gave a great speech, Drudge is even linking to it. I'll link an mp3 if you're interested. I sure don't see anyone else on the horizon for anyone, maybe Clark, hard to say. Who's your pick for leader of the greatest nation on earth?

Was Gore's daddy worse than W's granddaddy? Just asking, don't know.

Hope your donation to the RNC helps fight that dem legislation, I don't have a problem with that.

Meanwhile, want to place a sidebet on how many indictments are handed out this week to the 'restore the dignity' staff at the Whitehouse?

All this and the POTUS is taking orders from God?

Now that's what I call absurd!

T

tieguy

You have a problem with Bush and his faith? You have a problem with him believing God speaks to all of us?

S

susiedriver

Only when his 'faith' leads us to war.

'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq

Do you really feel comfortable supporting this?

D

dannyboy

"All this and the POTUS is taking orders from God?

Now that's what I call absurd!"

Rather from God than people with the outlook you seem to have.

What, there is not enough bad and foul news here in the states, you have to dwell on foreign news media now too?

You ever talked to someone from a foreign country? Did you ever have problems comunicating?

But then again, it is his moral and Official duty to try and help out where peace in concerned. My thoughts are that it is a lost cause, but then again, I have seen snow in may.

As for Gore, its not that he is stiff, its that he knows nothing. And he knows it. The only way he can compensate for that is to act the way he does. I have met him a few times, but what I saw was the public side. I have heard he is pretty nice in person, nothing like the ranting lunitic he sometimes is in public. But I do know he is not whitehouse materiel. Otherwise he would have run against W in the next elections.

Personally I think the Dems were scared of him as president and that is why they officially protested the election, but were glad it ended like it did.

d

S

susiedriver

Geez danny,

I just asked a couple simple questions, and you can't answer?

Repeat:
Who's your pick for leader of the greatest nation on earth?

Was Gore's daddy worse than W's granddaddy? Just asking, don't know.

S

susiedriver

dBoy asked:

You ever talked to someone from a foreign country? Did you ever have problems comunicating?

Yes, and no; but I understand basic spelling and grammar.

O

ok2bclever

I really hope that is truly a mistranslation or misquote regarding bush saying he is talking with God and getting his marching orders direct.

D

dannyboy

Lemme see, as far as the president, I really liked Libby Dole, and Condi is a really smart woman. My wife would get washington on a ballanced budget. Duknow. Good question.

As for W's Granddaddy, dont know him or of him, so I cant say one is worse than the other.

Dont really even care about Big Als dad, but you seem to think that it takes longer than 5 or 6 generations to get the effects of slavery out of people. Its the only reason I brought it up. But then of course, there is our close neighbor ole Byrd. You know, former KKK member.

You know, there are so many good people that would make a good president, problem is that washington corrupts whoever goes there. Its like being a business agent. Sometimes you have to sleep with the enemy to get where you think you can do the most good for the majority of the people you are representing.

d

D

dammor

"You have a problem with him believing God speaks to all of us?"

God does speak to all of us Tie. God asked me not to vote for Bush. I did as he said. Seems I am being punished along with those who did not listen to God. :-))

Point is we all think we have a clue. Bush has no more of a clue than the rest of us. It's a bit stupid at this point to suggest he has some sort of devine intervention helping him. If so, well then it would seem God is playing a mean game. God does not do that........

O

ok2bclever

Actually, bush's grand dad was on the opposite side of the fence on many of the issues bush jr is for.

M

moreluck

"God is playing a mean game. God does not do that........"

dammor......menopause??? God's a regular practical joker !!

S

susiedriver

ok2bclever stated:
I really hope that is truly a mistranslation or misquote regarding bush saying he is talking with God and getting his marching orders direct.

Unfortunately it's not. The BBC is standing by their statement.
Be afraid, very afraid...

M

moreluck

I'm sure it was definitely "translation" trouble. The people with the president on this trip said that he never said anything like that. I'm talking about Amer. people, not some Palestinian interpreter. That is what our AMERICAN news reported today. I believe the AMERICAN news.

E

ezrider

Susie

Sure he said it, but just because he says it doesn't mean he's in any way sincere about it. Hell, one look at his track record for half-truths to plain flat out lying makes damn near anything that comes out of the guy's mouth not even worth the time to listen to much less put any trust in.

Very doubtful that Bush has one-on-one chats with "the creator of all things". Must have been one of those nights he suffered a relapse, raided the liquor cabinet and started hallucinating.

O

over9five

A. If you believe in God, and you believe He speaks, Why wouldn't He speak to the leader of the free world?

B. President Bush is in the white house because more Americans wanted him there than they did..uhh.. whats his name?....oh yeah, Kerry.

C. I want Mitt Romney to be our next President. The guy has class.

(Message edited by over9five on October 06, 2005)

M

mr_roboto

I believe God spoke to bushco

just as I believe God spoke to the Son-of-Sam

roboto