Buyout Info from Investors Meeting

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Most people in the NFL have a pretty good idea of what goes on down the field. At FedEx, Fred and MT3 think we kick home runs and punt pitches. Don't forget when a player gets a Grand Slam, he scores 6 points.

Most people in the NFL have a decent idea of what goes on in the offices. At FedEx, you and the usual gang of idiots think that they drive airplanes underwater and deliver packages from lunar excursion vehicles. Don't forget, they light cigars with $100 bills!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Most people in the NFL have a decent idea of what goes on in the offices. At FedEx, you and the usual gang of idiots think that they drive airplanes underwater and deliver packages from lunar excursion vehicles. Don't forget, they light cigars with $100 bills!
I'm sure the NFL appreciates you doing their thinking for them. There's a big difference here, you don't belong to the NFL but us couriers work for FedEX and we're fully aware of what's going on whether you like it or not.

59 Dano

I'm sure the NFL appreciates you doing their thinking for them. There's a big difference here, you don't belong to the NFL but us couriers work for FedEX and we're fully aware of what's going on whether you like it or not.

You are?

59 Dano

BTW, the NFL has a union.

I'm picking nits here. The players have a union to represent them against the individual football teams; the NFL itself is a non-profit organization comprised of 32 individual for-profit entities. The players and teams are in a unique situation of a monopoly dealing with a monopsony, respectively.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm picking nits here. The players have a union to represent them against the individual football teams; the NFL itself is a non-profit organization comprised of 31 individual for-profit entities. The players and teams are in a unique situation of a monopoly dealing with a monopsony, respectively.

I had to Google this but unbelievably the Detroit Lions actually lost money in 2010.

59 Dano

I had to Google this but unbelievably the Detroit Lions actually lost money in 2010.

They're still for-profit in theory ;) Oh well. In any given group of 32, someone has to be last. I didn't know they were losing money though. I would have guessed it's the Jags.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm picking nits here. The players have a union to represent them against the individual football teams; the NFL itself is a non-profit organization comprised of 32 individual for-profit entities. The players and teams are in a unique situation of a monopoly dealing with a monopsony, respectively.

Like you are an idiot doing the dirty work for a small group of idiots. Got it.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Most people in the NFL have a pretty good idea of what goes on down the field. At FedEx, Fred and MT3 think we kick home runs and punt pitches. Don't forget when a player gets a Grand Slam, he scores 6 points.

No, Happy Hands knows that a Grand Slam is 2 eggs, 2 bacon, 2 sausages and 2 pancakes...this is indisputable.

59 Dano

It's weird that any NFL team would lose money considering the structure of the league. Minus the vig that goes to the league office, NFL merchandise revenue and TV revenue is split evenly among the teams under the revenue sharing plan. Each game's ticket revenue is split with 60% going to the home team and 40% going to the away team. All teams have the same minimum and maximum salary limits. I think each team keeps whatever it earns via concessions deals, box seat sales, and other stadium-specific revenue.

A good guess is that the red ink in 2010 is the manifestation of the 20% drop in ticket sales from 2007 to 2009. When you average 15,000 empty seats per game in one of the league's smaller stadium, that adds up to real money after a while.