C-Pac

wkmac

I will say that if Ron Paul got the nomination, or at least made a credible showing in the primaries, I would be forced to re-evaluate my low opinion of the republican party.

I'm not a bettin' man but I'd bet good money your low opinion is very safe!

:wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I don't recall him being in recovery, but if you say so.
More than likely, denial, but that chapter of the Kennedy book has now been completed. Forgive me, but I must ask this question. Are you saying that people that have been addicts (to whatever the substance may be) should not be on the lecture circuit? The followup to that is; How will we ever learn from their experiences?

bbsam

Staff member
More than likely, denial, but that chapter of the Kennedy book has now been completed. Forgive me, but I must ask this question. Are you saying that people that have been addicts (to whatever the substance may be) should not be on the lecture circuit? The followup to that is; How will we ever learn from their experiences?
I am saying that the experiences of those are in recovery are many and varied but the problems are often very similar. And when the problem is described in AA as "Selfishness, self-centeredness, that we thing is the root of our problem. Driven by a hundred forms of fear, self-deception...." Furthermore, AA has always maintained a stance of non-involvement in matters of politics or national affairs. "AA has no opinion on outside issues." Putting these two principles together I would wonder what it is that Glen Beck wants to accomplish by telling the masses that he is in recovery. At one time, sadly, being in recovery seemed like some kind of silly fad. Although Beck has never to my knowledge claimed to be a spokesman for AA, I think the inference may unfortunately be just that, kind of giving the impression that "this is how peope in recovery see things". And I never said people shouldn't listen to Beck, only know what you are listening to. Just because we have quit drinking and drugging or whatever it is, doesn't mean we've become saintly. We've been the best charlatans in the world--those who believe their own lies. I understand self-aggrandizement. I've revelled in it. I do not know that that is what Beck is about, but when the rule of thumb is anonymity, I am suspicious of those breaking it. Finally, in response to moreluck, "self-help" is perhaps the biggest misnomer in addiction and recovery history. It is all about God (sorry 9five) or "a power greater than ourselves" and our relationship with that entity.

bbsam

Staff member
Or as the old saying goes, "Know what ya get when ya sober up a horse thief? Ya get a sober horse thief."

wkmac

Paul verses Beck

Justin Raimondo IMO raises some good points post CPAC and where if any of this is headed going forward. The shreaking mouthpieces specifically (but not limited too) the Neo-Cons have been asserting the leftward nature of the Paulian right/libertarian and once you disconnect from the republican/democrat, conservative/liberal matrix that is their operational construct and listen more closely to the so-called "True" radical right and "True" radical left without being mentally preconditioned by the empire keepers, you begin to realize they are saying many of the same things and in fact agree. Case in point is again Justin Raimondo but this time at paleo-con magazine "The American Conservative" where he wrote about attending a 2004' Nader rally in of all places, San Francisco. Let your imaginations run wild and Justin rightly points out but the real point is what was it that Ralph said to this crowd?

But Justin was a Johnny-Come-Lately as 6 months earlier, Pat Buchanan, icon of the old right, shook up the political world when he interviewed Nader for American Conservative magazine. At the time, Pat's actions was almost the equivalent of Neo taking the red pill but it began a groundswell of folks on both sides of the political extremes begining to find their DNA connection in 18th/19th century classical liberalism. Ron Paul's 2008' caimpaign further bridged this gap to where so-called liberal icons like Nader or Glenn Greenwald are as app to be linked and quoted in Paleo-con, libertarian circles and the reverse be true where the paleo-left refers to Antiwar.com, LewRockwell and even Mises of all places. It was paleo-left John T. Flynn who joined paleo-right Garet Garrett in vocally opposing FDR and his corporatism New Deal that we still live with the effects to this day. The late Goldwater speech writer and libertarian icon Karl Hess made a very good observation about political directions and political scale. It is this type free thinking that scare the statist politicos and it's this thinking that's behind much of what is called the tea party movement or the "just leave me the hell alone" movement. If given that demand, the fear is they may take it all to it's logical conclusion and the politico's days of Roman lifestyle would be over.

Underneath the matrix trying to control what the Tea Party is, the 31 percenters who jumped ship with Paul at CPAC and what people should think of it are the actual people who actually founded the movement to begin with and yes in many respects it is a mixed marriage of old right and old left who in reality are long lost children of the same parents. This is what scares the hell more than anything else out of the system mainframe and as a result watch for more and more agent Smiths to emerge on bothsides of the political construct in the hopes of preventing access to the keymaker. Watch the Merovingian (Corp. power) join it's partner the mainframe to obstruct all talk of freed markets and true laissez faire economics too. The Merovingian will advocate for more agent Smiths (regulatory power) in order to protect it's own monopoly/cartel status and the wealth and power that comes with it!

But you can take the blue pill and none of this ever happened and this post doesn't exist. Here, have a cookie and you'll be right as rain!
:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The end made me laugh.....and made me recall that today I heard that 'pot' usage is increasing among the over 55 crowd !! All things come full circle !

wkmac

Jones & Wkmac.........who is someone you would vote for in 2012 ??

I won't vote. I'm done with the whole silly and useless process. For those to afraid to go that far I'd suggest turning in a blank ballot at least at the federal level. Send a message to both sides in saying "none of the above!" It's gonna be something you just have to decide for yourself.

And for those who will jackboot up and tell me I have no right to complain, I will say I'll stop complaining when your complusary, aggressive system of control completely stops compelling me to pay tribute or abide by it's useless, victimless laws that serve no other purpose than to empower itself and use this power for the purpose to the self interest of a minority group we call others, whether corp or public. Just more proof IMO how your authoriterian tyranny disrespects the individual right of free speech and free expression.

diesel96

Did you see Glenn Greenwald's latest today (2/21)?

That's definitely one of his better columns. The points he makes might be obvious, predicted and predictable, but he does a great job of tying it all together.

No arguement he nailed it.

I've already mentioned, the Ron Paul Ravers are the originaters of the Tea Party Movement, but whether you agree or not, like the White House Democrats in charge now, the original crafters of movement have a "marketability problem" of getting the truth out as well. The Neo-Cons, Evangelicals, war mongers, wireless cheerleaders, the right wing extreme machine are champions of marketing their idealogy, and are experts in hi-jacking opinions with myths, and mis-information thru media, money, power, and fear. My criticizism of the Ron Paul-ers are them embracing the right wing fringe at their brainchild events. Yet their's such an extreme rift of views between the Indp/Libertarians/ Traditional Rep's vs "Today's"Republicans the whole movement is replicating a farce.....Throughout History, as Rep's are out of power, they go thru this "Born Again" phase...Is half of America that dumb to buy this time and time again ??

Anyway, great paragraph in the Greenwald Article.... "This is what Republicans always do. When in power, they massively expand the power of the state in every realm. Deficit spending and the national debt skyrocket. The National Security State is bloated beyond description through wars and occupations, while no limits are tolerated on the Surveillance State. Then, when out of power, they suddenly pretend to re-discover their "small government principles."