California To Ban All Cars That Run On Gasoline

PT Car Washer

Besides all the raw materials to build all these zero emission vehicles, where is CA going to find all the other materials needed to increase the number of charging stations needed ?
Prices for the stuff are already sky high.
Or are they going to rethink NiKola Tesla's idea for transmitting power thru the air waves ?
Get a horse. Or a mule.

Whither

Scofflaw
While I'm never one to naively trust the authorities, the way a lot current-eventers trust police, I do think this way of life is a hot mess. So. Suppose industry is making the earth less inhabitable (and why wouldn't it be, just refer to your annual hazmat training, or your daily experience inhaling diesel exhaust, or notice how few insects splatter your windshield these days on long summer drives, etc etc). Then suppose the authorities try to solve it. That's basically the story of how ORION was created. There is no solution; we will have to take the hard way, and it seems that's the path we're already on.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Since the CA 2035 Laws is restricted to only new cars, I can see a booming used car market.
I hear there is already some who want to bring back discontinued models to life.
I could use an updated Pinto.

Box Ox

Since the CA 2035 Laws is restricted to only new cars, I can see a booming used car market.
I hear there is already some who want to bring back discontinued models to life.
I could use an updated Pinto.

California's electrical grid is already :censored2:ed and now they'll want all new cars to plug into it. Maybe we'll have a Cuba-type thing going on where most of the cars on the road in the non-rolling blackout states are decades old and gasoline powered.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The glorious electric car guru's all seem to think we will all plug in to charge at different times so the grid is A-OK.

Lol, Don't plug in this week or next.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Banning trucks now too. Good plan.

They can pass all the laws they want to feel good about themselves.
However, when reality comes back and bites them in their collective behinds , many will see how foolish they have been.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They can pass all the laws they want to feel good about themselves.
However, when reality comes back and bites them in their collective behinds , many will see how foolish they have been.
The little guys will be out of business. Prices go way up and transportation shortages begin.

Road Dog 56

I'm not sure if late model used cars could be brought in from other states?

We might see a situation where people just hold on to their old cars. It will be like Cuba.
trouble with that is California keeps making the smog laws tougher to get the old cars off the road.