Can you be disciplined for ignoring security?

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
42954d93-fe15-45ff-93d3-ddf68cd877bf.png

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
That’s exactly the role of the union. Keeping :censored2:ty people employed.Thank goodness most organizations aren’t union-we would have men complaining like women in all walks of life.

If it wasn’t for us “:censored3:Ty people” you wouldn’t have a job.

lol at the keyboard warriors that got bullied in high school. Why does ups attract these lady boys lol

Issues with women and fake women.

Got passed up for promotion me thinks…:rolleyes:

Oh, you poor thing. you’ll just have to learn the hard way it’s my specialty.😘

:consoling:

542thruNthru

We've had a few drivers terminated for shoving or shouldering a security guard to get past them. All because they didn't feel they should have to wait or be wand by them.

Let’s say you have a security guard whose taking his job too serious and causing 10 minute lines every day before and after shift making people take their boots off and going through their stuff, and you get tired of this and just walk past him, can you be disciplined for this since you’re off the clock? And I’m not sure what contract violation it would be?
If you ignore them daily they will eventually tattle on you once they know your name or figure out what center you come out of... they will tell your manager who will bring you to talk about it. I didn't have an ID and waiting for a sup to come sign me in was making me punch in a few mins late daily. So they got me an ID and started sending me letters for the times I punched in late due to me actually waiting...when I ignored them I was on time. It took me a while to grow a pair and keep walking after I showed them my bag... i didnt get in trouble but it did put a target on me...that 2 years later is still there

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
If you ignore them daily they will eventually tattle on you once they know your name or figure out what center you come out of... they will tell your manager who will bring you to talk about it. I didn't have an ID and waiting for a sup to come sign me in was making me punch in a few mins late daily. So they got me an ID and started sending me letters for the times I punched in late due to me actually waiting...when I ignored them I was on time. It took me a while to grow a pair and keep walking after I showed them my bag... i didnt get in trouble but it did put a target on me...that 2 years later is still there
I would have them correct my time to reflect that I didn’t come in late. They had many hourlies waiting during peak and I advised the FT to sign them in. I advised the hourlies to take a picture of when they signed in in case they tried to discipline for tardiness. Easy grievances to win both on the lost time and the disciplinary write ups. Doing anything to shave minutes :censored2:ing scumbags.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I would have them correct my time to reflect that I didn’t come in late. They had many hourlies waiting during peak and I advised the FT to sign them in. I advised the hourlies to take a picture of when they signed in in case they tried to discipline for tardiness. Easy grievances to win both on the lost time and the disciplinary write ups. Doing anything to shave minutes :censored2:ing scumbags.
UpstateNYUPSer would advise you to arrive at work at least one hour prior to your scheduled start time to avoid these issues.