If you are thinking about voting NO…

El Correcto

god is dead
Tell that to the UPSers on Reddit. Jesus could descend down from heaven and give them an amazing contract and they'd still bitch and vote no.
I saw some of the part timers at our union meeting trying this and got shut down pretty quick. The whole “I should be making more than other union members because I worked through covid” nonsense, one that just wanted to strike and thought 21 dollars an hour was an insult, crying about their rent money while working a part time job as sole income, etc.

The one thing I didn’t hear any of them bring up is that they don’t have 6th punch protection in the national. I would sympathize with that, but the rest of it is just nonsense.

The union can’t fix all the woes of society, they can’t make your landlord lower rent or any of that. I don’t know what most these people even want other than to bitch.

I saw some of the part timers at our union meeting trying this and got shut down pretty quick. The whole “I should be making more than other union members because I worked through covid” nonsense, one that just wanted to strike and thought 21 dollars an hour was an insult, crying about their rent money while working a part time job as sole income, etc.

The one thing I didn’t hear any of them bring up is that they don’t have 6th punch protection in the national. I would sympathize with that, but the rest of it is just nonsense.

The union can’t fix all the woes of society, they can’t make your landlord lower rent or any of that. I don’t know what most these people even want other than to bitch.
It's not a perfect deal but at least everybody gets a little slice of pie somewhere

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Aside from Peak Season, part-timers weren't scheduled 6 days here.

The issue was pretty much exclusive to lower seniority RPCDs, due to the 22.4 language.

Screenshot_20230809_210356_Microsoft 365 (Office).jpg

Last edited:

Non liberal

Weird that it only took one contract(5 years) to get rid of 22.4's(AWESOME), but as for 9.5 language(est. 2002) sad...
Lol, that’s because it was out there as negotiating fodder for the next contract. If the company would continuously come up with ways to screw us, they would be paying us like $150hr. And the union just keeps letting it happen. On purpose? Probably.

Non liberal

We have a couple of those liberal hippies at work that never had another real job and did not realize what they have
Seriously? It’s folks like you who have been so brainwashed as to think you should be thankful for getting a cola when everything around you has gone up in price. Lol. That’s all this contract is, is a cost of living raise. And it doesn’t even cover that. :censored2: these companies. They sit and brainwash their employees with liberal bull:censored2:, donate to liberal politician campaigns, pretend to disagree with liberal unions, then give you a raise and make you feel guilty for accepting it just to make you say oh, thank you so much! I know I should be lucky when other folks aren’t even getting a raise. Wake the :censored2: up dude! The good ole conservative ways of being thankful to the company who pays you for your time are over. They no longer give two squirts of piss about you or your family. They work together with the government, utilities, in making money. From you! The working man has never made so little.

Non liberal

They can make one giant company pay through their :censored2:ing nose for the way society is going and maybe just maybe people would think twice before they start trying to make society think one way or the other. Elections have consequences. This sack of :censored2: in the White House made it damn near impossible to be able to afford anything and companies need to be made to think twice before they donate to their campaigns.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Seriously? It’s folks like you who have been so brainwashed as to think you should be thankful for getting a cola when everything around you has gone up in price. Lol. That’s all this contract is, is a cost of living raise. And it doesn’t even cover that. :censored2: these companies. They sit and brainwash their employees with liberal bull:censored2:, donate to liberal politician campaigns, pretend to disagree with liberal unions, then give you a raise and make you feel guilty for accepting it just to make you say oh, thank you so much! I know I should be lucky when other folks aren’t even getting a raise. Wake the :censored2: up dude! The good ole conservative ways of being thankful to the company who pays you for your time are over. They no longer give two squirts of piss about you or your family. They work together with the government, utilities, in making money. From you! The working man has never made so little.
I hope you know who you are tangling with. Lol!