Can't Bump Part-time Drivers?

Overpaid Union Thug

In my area management thinks that full-time drivers can't bump part-time drivers. They want them all to run the same route each and every day and then wonder why they never learn any other areas. They think they are protecting them but in reality they are crippling them. Grievances go ignored. The contract is being ignored. Don't these people have souls?

Overpaid Union Thug

What does the Local have to say?

They agree. Like I said....grievances are basically ignored. The ones that have been filed were won but soon after, sometimes the very next day, management is back at it again. Its pretty sad when they are back to their old tricks before the letter even arrives in the mail stating that the company agrees to abide by the contract language.

Billy

The Union can only be as strong as it's members make it. It takes unity to win these battles, and unfortunately... I don't like to say it, but nobody cares until it effects them directly. Then they want immediate action. When will we learn, hell, will we learn?

Overpaid Union Thug

then the members have to start sticking together, i fight mgt all the time with grievances u cant let these ppl get the better of you.

Grievances are useless. I've filed and won but they are just at it again later. And each time they lie to our faces and say we can't bump part-timers even though we both know better. Sometimes its the very same person that has to go to the grievance hearing and agrees to follow the contract! They agree to follow the contract then turn around and spew the same lie. Its pathetic.

govols019

You smell that?
Keep filing. Call your BA immediately when they tell you that you can't bump. If the part-timer you wanted to bump works longer that day than you file for the extra pay too.