Car Dealerships ---- Always Dishonest !!

island1fox

All of us are aware of the tough times for car dealerships but the total dishonesty truly pisses me off.
I recieved a letter from a GM/ Cadi dealer claiming that this weekend factory incentives of 11,000 on 2010 Escalade Hybrids along with a 1,000 dealer coupon this weekend would be honored.
There website also had a Kelly Blue book page to give you a trade in value for your present car.
Using only THEIR numbers ---Msrp on the Escalade in Stock, Their factory and dealer incentive and Their website trade in value --using ONLY their numbers -----when you go to the dealership and tell them you accept THEIR numbers --they tell you to add ten thousand to the final number ?????:angry:
Dishonest, false advertising --and the BBB and Attorney Generals office really do not care !!!

bbsam

Staff member
All of us are aware of the tough times for car dealerships but the total dishonesty truly pisses me off.
I recieved a letter from a GM/ Cadi dealer claiming that this weekend factory incentives of 11,000 on 2010 Escalade Hybrids along with a 1,000 dealer coupon this weekend would be honored.
There website also had a Kelly Blue book page to give you a trade in value for your present car.
Using only THEIR numbers ---Msrp on the Escalade in Stock, Their factory and dealer incentive and Their website trade in value --using ONLY their numbers -----when you go to the dealership and tell them you accept THEIR numbers --they tell you to add ten thousand to the final number ?????:angry:
Dishonest, false advertising --and the BBB and Attorney Generals office really do not care !!!
What does it say in the very, very, very small print at the bottom? And no, nobody cares. Cash is King and only the transaction brings satisfaction. All hail corporate America and the marketing genius that has us considering the overpriced status symbols they peddle.:greedy:

island1fox

What does it say in the very, very, very small print at the bottom? And no, nobody cares. Cash is King and only the transaction brings satisfaction. All hail corporate America and the marketing genius that has us considering the overpriced status symbols they peddle.:greedy:
bbsam,
I went back and looked at the letter --I was surprised --no small print.
But as we both know --no one does care --dishonesty is a way of Business life in America today. I should not get pissed off or let it upset me --I will just wash and wax my old car and keep it for a few more years. Tried to help an ailing industry and the economy but it just did not work !!:wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
keep smiling and think every day and stop in that dealership every so often just to let them know that should they like to do the honorable thing--nah, find another dealer with enough scruples (or desperate enough) to take that deal.:wink2:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Last I heard Cuomo and several other AG's were going to sue Fedex for the use of contractors. I think he's running for governor.

They are suing FedEx over the employee classification of Ground drivers.

He is planning on running for governor and should win in a landslide.

P

pickup

They are suing FedEx over the employee classification of Ground drivers.

He is planning on running for governor and should win in a landslide.

A lot can happen between now and November. All that is pretty much assured is that he will be the Democratic candidate.