Challenger

moreluck

golden ticket member
Do you remember where you were 25 years ago when the Challenger exploded?

I can't believe it's been 25 years !! I was sitting at a reception desk answering phones at Cline's Auto Sales in Murray, Utah. One of the salesman came running into the showroom yelling for someone to turn on the TV.

klein

Für Meno :)
1 year earlier, in 1985, on todays date the song "We are the World" was sung for the first time.

And the modern US coast guard was created on this day in history, in 1915.

(they always bring "this day in history" on my local morning news)

rod

Retired 22 years
I was gathering up packages to deliver to the High School when the news broke. I took them inside to the school office and gave them the bad news. They hadn't heard yet.

1 year earlier, in 1985, on todays date the song "We are the World" was sung for the first time.

And the modern US coast guard was created on this day in history, in 1915.

(they always bring "this day in history" on my local morning news)

:rolleyes2:

over9five

Staff member
I used to install bank equipment. I was on lunch at a job in Lowell, MA. when I heard it on the radio. Jeanne D'Arc Credit Union. Funny how you remember those things.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
First day full time driving, We ( training sup & me ) stopped a a sub joint for lunch, and could not fathom why everyone was crying.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I was on duty at Subic Bay naval base in the Philippines. I remember not feeling much of a connection to it at the time, it seemed very far away.