Check your withholding on your paychecks

MattM

State forms aren’t usually processed through upsers persay.
Some states require specific forms. Some dont

Some states use your federal form as a guide.

Upsers let’s you update your federal w-4 online. From there, it may be up to you to see if there are any state or local changes being applied. It may be you that needs to fax or upload a new form (maybe add in extra withholdings to be safe?).

Doesn’t your state use a website to file taxes for free? One could make quarterly prepayments if you’re that worried about there being a big difference.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
I had withholding from ups/ibt, but when it switched over to central states, they didnt withold....im so screwed.
Despite my view on taxation, I do not play games with that and it is one of my biggest fears. Like @I have NOT been lurking said, they do have a payment plan. Sorry to hear that happened especially during these tough economic times. They need to make the process to change the withholding a lot easier. It’s a maze just even trying to find it.

I GOT ONE MORE

In the state where I reside, when you submit the state withholding form to UPS, you indicate what county you live in and what county you work in. They are supposed to withhold the county tax based upon where you reside. If there is no county tax for the county I reside in, then it is withheld based upon the county I work in (obviously this may be different for other states.) The company (UPS) is responsible for withholding county tax based upon the county indicated on the withholding form. They failed to update their payroll system to show the current tax rate for my county as well as other counties in our state that changed their tax rate effective January 1st. That is where the problem lies. There is no HR in our building. The manager has been notified but so far, no changes have happened.
Just set an automatic weekly draw to your savings account. $20/week=$1080 every year. Guesstimate. Problem solved.

Red Headed Stranger

Just set an automatic weekly draw to your savings account. $20/week=$1080 every year. Guesstimate. Problem solved.
I already have additional money withheld from my paycheck from when I was self-employed at the beginning of my tenure with UPS. I guess it's just the principle of the matter. Every other employer is supposed to withhold taxes based on the guidelines provided by the feds or the state. Since UPS has outsourced just about everything of importance (HR/payroll/etc.) that matters to an employee and no one (management) "seems to know" who to contact to get an issue resolved.....it's just frustrating from an employee standpoint.

Red Headed Stranger

State forms aren’t usually processed through upsers persay.
Some states require specific forms. Some dont

Some states use your federal form as a guide.

Upsers let’s you update your federal w-4 online. From there, it may be up to you to see if there are any state or local changes being applied. It may be you that needs to fax or upload a new form (maybe add in extra withholdings to be safe?).

Doesn’t your state use a website to file taxes for free? One could make quarterly prepayments if you’re that worried about there being a big difference.
In the state where I reside, you fill out a form similar to a W-4 form indicating your withholding choices and your county of residence and county of employment. It is the responsibility of the employer to make sure they are withholding based upon your selection. The state updates the tax withholding for the various counties several times each year. Most stay the same, but some occasionally are increased. Employers receive a newsletter from the state showing what percentage should be withheld for each county. In this instance, UPS is not withholding the new rate that went into effect as of 1/1/24. Again, not an issue for me but it could be for some of the long-term driver's making about $100,000 per year.....an additional $1,000 per year in taxes.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
I just pay out of my checking account. We make 45hr. No need for me to setup a separate fund. Here you pay taxes in the city where you work.
I would much rather not pay enough than pay too much and give the government an interest free loan. I love the feeling of paying 1500 that I know is going to someone with no job and 4 kids.

Anonymous 115

"Since UPS has outsourced just about everything of importance (HR/payroll/etc.) that matters to an employee and no one (management) "seems to know" who to contact to get an issue resolved.....it's just frustrating from an employee standpoint. "

But those pencil pushing jobs aren't important, are they? After all, they don't touch packages. How many times on this board have I read that no jobs are necessary besides those that involve moving packages, while laughing at the people losing these types of jobs in the US. If you think it's frustrating for employees, imagine how customers feel.