Chernobyl, Ohio

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
In case anyone was distracted by UFOs and other dumb :censored2:, we got a pretty egregious and underestimated situation going on in Ohio.

1676341665584.png

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Norfolk Southern so I don't know what else you'd expect from a company made up entirely of quota hires. Hope they get sued into the stone age.

rickyb

i was reading an article apparently the railways voluntarily report near misses or minor accidents or something like that lol.

you can just look at equipment design, which ive gone on about in the anti capitalism thread, and see that it is not safe for workers. i should know ive worked on the railway.

these corporate forces will poison us all to extract the very last dollar.

there used to be 50 railway companies. now theres 7. this is not competitive.

newolddude

The important part:

The sequence of events began a decade ago in the wake of a major uptick in derailments of trains carrying crude oil and hazardous chemicals, including a New Jersey train crash that leaked the same toxic chemical as in Ohio.

In response, the Obama administration in 2014 proposed improving safety regulations for trains carrying petroleum and other hazardous materials. However, after industry pressure, the final measure ended up narrowly focused on the transport of crude oil and exempting trains carrying many other combustible materials, including the chemical involved in this weekend’s disaster.

Then came 2017: After rail industry donors delivered more than $6 million to GOP campaigns, the Trump administration — backed by rail lobbyists and Senate Republicans — rescinded part of that rule aimed at making better braking systems widespread on the nation’s rails.
But please tell me more how Democrats want to destroy the country and Republicans only have the best interest of the people