Christianity

bacha29

It's not a religion issue, It's effectiveness has been shown over and over again to fail miserably. It not a gender identity issue. It's not a public school curriculum issue....it's a mental health issue.

vantexan

I disagree. There is a big difference between groups with no authority of the governed aka random cultists in the park than there is to an organization like a public school.
You have your chance to criminalize behavior and control the schools through the voting booth or pull your child out if that fails. There is no opportunity for that here.

Not saying I agree with schools doing that, I just disagree with your disingenuous comparison.
Yah because I believe homosexuality is wrong then everything is disingenuous. If you think schools have the right to influence a child into sexual orientation reassignment without the parents knowledge you're too far gone to reason with.

El Correcto

god is dead
Yah because I believe homosexuality is wrong then everything is disingenuous. If you think schools have the right to influence a child into sexual orientation reassignment without the parents knowledge you're too far gone to reason with.
I never said that. There you go being disingenuous again.

El Correcto

god is dead
You think that Christians influencing a kid to get baptized is worse than a school influencing a kid to switch genders. Am I wrong?
I find Christianity much more damaging to gay kids than straight kids having to sit through a talk about not hating or bullying gay kids. That’s what you people view as “influencing” children to be trans, mostly anti-bullying rhetoric coming out of schools. That’s why you’re a disingenuous person, setting up strawmen and gaslighting.

Accepting lgbt people isn’t an attack on heterosexuality. Accepting Christ is an attack lgbt people. Coercing people’s children in a park with burgers and candy to be indoctrinated into a cult of bigotry is much worse imo.

Non liberal

9 pastors or youth pastors, 1 catholic official, 1 school librarian, 1 Idaho state rep.

We should really start discussing the sexual crimes of Christians more and their “13 year old women” mentality.
Catholics aren’t technically Christians so…go pick a fight with a Muslim.

vantexan

I find Christianity much more damaging to gay kids than straight kids having to sit through a talk about not hating or bullying gay kids. That’s what you people view as “influencing” children to be trans, mostly anti-bullying rhetoric coming out of schools. That’s why you’re a disingenuous person, setting up strawmen and gaslighting.

Accepting lgbt people isn’t an attack on heterosexuality. Accepting Christ is an attack lgbt people. Coercing people’s children in a park with burgers and candy to be indoctrinated into a cult of bigotry is much worse imo.
But you're assuming it seems that all Christians are doing that. Seems to be a real push on around the country to influence kids to consider switching genders.

El Correcto

god is dead
But you're assuming it seems that all Christians are doing that. Seems to be a real push on around the country to influence kids to consider switching genders.
No there isn’t. There is a push for acceptance of kids who do. Something you find offensive because you don’t accept people that do that.

Non liberal

No there isn’t. There is a push for acceptance of kids who do. Something you find offensive because you don’t accept people that do that.
Kids don’t. Parents and piers make kids think they do. A kid that never sees homosexuality does not find homosexuality attractive. They will naturally gravitate to the opposite sex unless introduced to it. That’s how you know it’s a choice.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Okay well that is my intentions for starting this thread.
Sounds good.
Here is another fun thing Christians do that far overstep the bounds of consent and respecting the beliefs of others.
I have been around Christian religious practices my whole life.

It is my observation, my experience, and my opinion that these types of practices are more representative of Christian fanaticism, Bible fanatics, and or Christian extremists and not moderate “normal” people trying to live a reasonable life of in God, through Christ.

I don’t believe it is fair to condemn an entire group or sub culture of a society by the behavior of the extremists and/or fanatics of that group.

Grooming children into their cult luring them to parks with promises of candy and burgers.
I see your point.
What a bunch of nut jobs, I’m glad the kids weren’t molested by one of the “missionaries”.
There has been a lot of harm done to children and people of all ages in the name of religion, that’s certainly undeniable.

qdg2

Sounds good.

I have been around Christian religious practices my whole life.

It is my observation, my experience, and my opinion that these types of practices are more representative of Christian fanaticism, Bible fanatics, and or Christian extremists and not moderate “normal” people trying to live a reasonable life of in God, through Christ.

I don’t believe it is fair to condemn an entire group or sub culture of a society by the behavior of the extremists and/or fanatics of that group.

I see your point.

There has been a lot of harm done to children and people of all ages in the name of religion, that’s certainly undeniable.
Adding "and in the name of homosexuality too" would have been more fair and probably accurate. Not that it's a contest.....

So, it's "normal" to "life of in God, through Christ"? Noting billions of folks don't "do that". Are they not "normal or even reasonable"?

qdg2

A real push?

There is a lot of mainstream media(which is mostly far left liberal Democrat) exposure to the idea.

I submit mostly normal folks don't accept this "push". Nor do they watch CNN etc. They just don't. They skip far left/woke/gay/black crap on Neflix etc.

Noting this far left group is really about 1-5% of the population....unfortunately, they control the media.

I submit the "real push" seems big......not really. The trans/bizarre stuff has always been there.......ever been to Vegas?

This will be front and center as long as the Democrats exist. They literally own the media and have the money. That's why it "seems" mainstream. It is not.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Adding "and in the name of homosexuality too" would have been more fair and probably accurate. Not that it's a contest.....
Very fair. I am glad you added this.
So, it's "normal" to "life of in God, through Christ"? Noting billions of folks don't "do that". Are they not "normal or even reasonable"?
My bad. I can see how it looks that way.

My phrase was poorly worded.

I was simply meaning to use the term “normal” to counter the more extreme within the group who I already adopts the Christian religion/faith.

Definitely not to suggest that normalcy is limited to or exclusive to that group.

Heck, IMO anyone with 2 eyes to see and capable of even a little self honesty should be able to see that both of these communities have extremists within them that bring many of their problems and disrepute to themselves

Good post my friend.

qdg2

Very fair. I am glad you added this.

My bad. I can see how it looks that way.

My phrase was poorly worded.

I was simply meaning to use the term “normal” to counter the more extreme within the group who I already adopts the Christian religion/faith.

Definitely not to suggest that normalcy is limited to or exclusive to that group.

Heck, IMO anyone with 2 eyes to see and capable of even a little self honesty should be able to see that both of these communities have extremists within them that bring many of their problems and disrepute to themselves

Good post my friend.
IMO, anyone with a modicum of reasonableness and intellectual honesty....can recognize "normal".....the good and the bad.

Hate....cruelty. And all the rest.

And no.....it doesn't "depend".

vantexan

And you are uninformed. Not to mention it is highly inappropriate to be talking to children about sexuality and sexual orientation, especially without the parents being involved.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And you are uninformed. Not to mention it is highly inappropriate to be talking to children about sexuality and sexual orientation, especially without the parents being involved.
Kids in public schools have been being talked to about sexuality for quite some time.

In my my 6th grade health class human sexuality was part of the curriculum. Other than wanting to see my report card my parents and most of my peers parents had no involvement in my education.

vantexan

A real push?

There is a lot of mainstream media(which is mostly far left liberal Democrat) exposure to the idea.

I submit mostly normal folks don't accept this "push". Nor do they watch CNN etc. They just don't. They skip far left/woke/gay/black crap on Neflix etc.

Noting this far left group is really about 1-5% of the population....unfortunately, they control the media.

I submit the "real push" seems big......not really. The trans/bizarre stuff has always been there.......ever been to Vegas?

This will be front and center as long as the Democrats exist. They literally own the media and have the money. That's why it "seems" mainstream. It is not.
We aren't talking Vegas. In communities across the country it has come out that teachers are talking to kids about their sexual orientation and gender identity with some going so far as to expose them to drag queens. I never said it's everywhere. It's just occurring more and more. Did you hear about gay marriage 40 years ago? What do we have now? Did you hear about legal abortion 60 years ago? What do we have now? Schools have been pushing CRT with a huge distortion of history. Here in Florida the state government put a stop to that. In spite of exposing what was being taught the Left is accusing DeSantis and his administration of racism for not allowing that garbage to be taught. So yes across the country children are being exposed to radical ideas because the Left has determined that if you expose them early enough to extreme ideas they can completely change the culture. And if you look at the extremist views held by many on college campuses I'd say the Left is being effective at indoctrinating the people who are our future leadership as well as the ones who'll be teaching kids. Might want to look a bit closer at this. It's our future.