Dana White posts video of FedEx worker throwing packages into truck in NYC

bacha29

Yes, I can rule that out. This would be no different from getting caught on a doorbell camera or standard surveillance video, which has cost many drivers' jobs. You just don't like Dana White for whatever reason and think this is special. You just wanna hear yourself talk, you look like a fool. Just because you use big words doesn't make you come across as smart, it just makes you look like you backed yourself into a spot and you know you :censored2: the bed on this one. Again.

By the way, Don King wishes he was Dana White as a promoter.
Read my response to the "blob" .

The facts speak for themselves. Dana White had no vested interest in the manner by which the worker was doing his job but nevertheless chose to interfere in the private relationship between the worker and his employer. And he clearly was not doing so as a concerned citizen. His actions resulted in the worker's loss of employment.
Please, your credentials showing you are qualified to present this?

bacha29

Please, your credentials showing you are qualified to present this?
So tell me something....what would you do if this happened to you? Run to your union? Well, this guy had no such protections. Likewise , he in all likelihood was paid by the day or perhaps by the number of stops he would have to do in a day in order to maintain his employment. He never should have been put in employment situation such as this to begin with and Dana White had no business involving himself in any way.
The truly sickening part about this is that White thought it was funny and presented it to his fan base in an effort to entertain them.

The right and importance of privacy has often been brought up in public discourse. Wasn't this individual entitled to the same?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
So tell me something....what would you do if this happened to you? Run to your union? Well, this guy had no such protections. Likewise , he in all likelihood was paid by the day or perhaps by the number of stops he would have to do in a day in order to maintain his employment. He never should have been put in employment situation such as this to begin with and Dana White had no business involving himself in any way.
The truly sickening part about this is that White thought it was funny and presented it to his fan base in an effort to entertain them.

The right and importance of privacy has often been brought up in public discourse. Wasn't this individual entitled to the same?
No.

Hope this helps.

Thebrownblob

The facts speak for themselves. Dana White had no vested interest in the manner by which the worker was doing his job but nevertheless chose to interfere in the private relationship between the worker and his employer. And he clearly was not doing so as a concerned citizen. His actions resulted in the worker's loss of employment.

The worker's probably not going to do anything. It will be up to the civil rights organizations. If it happened to me I would immediately talk to those people because that's what they exist for.
I bet you would because I’m pretty sure you were a piss poor worker. You’re definitely a piss poor :censored2: house attorney

Yes, and my union would probably negotiate my job back without back pay, giving me a few weeks unpaid to think about my acting like a dip:censored2:. I would be allowed to proceed with my career and a lesson learned, because yes, I have that recourse. This tool should've kept that in mind and been more proactive in protecting his job status.

No, he is not entitled to any privacy in this instance. If he instead had pulled out his dick and started stroking it, was caught on camera and lost his job, should he have grounds to sue over his right to privacy? Explain the difference, given your legal expertise.

Thebrownblob

The worker's probably not going to do anything. It will be up to the civil rights organizations. If it happened to me I would immediately talk to those people because that's what they exist for.
Wait so now the worker is not going to do anything even though he has a great civil rights case to put that mean old Dano White in his place? Even though employee decided to break the company policy, he agreed to in public? That’s insane. He’s clearly got a winner on his hands.

bacha29

Wait so now the worker is not going to do anything even though he has a great civil rights case to put that mean old Dano White in his place? Even though employee decided to break the company policy, he agreed to in public? That’s insane. He’s clearly got a winner on his hands.
If White did that to a UPS driver and UPS decided to take harsh disciplinary action against that driver what would your union offer in defense of that UPS driver?

Thebrownblob

If White did that to a UPS driver and UPS decided to take harsh disciplinary action against that driver what would your union offer in defense of that UPS driver?
There is no defense it’s a mercy case, most times it should go through progressive discipline, but occasionally, if a customer is lost because of it, it can be considered a serious offense.

bacha29

There is no defense it’s a mercy case, most times it should go through progressive discipline, but occasionally, if a customer is lost because of it, it can be considered a serious offense.
Once again you're still thinking that everybody works under the same rules you worked under during all those years at UPS. Unfortunately that's not the case and another example of just how truly unique the labor situation is at UPS. And if the person White saw was in UPS brown do you think White would have been dumb enough to film it and use it in the manner knowing who he would have had to contend with?

And if he did the Teamsters would had the perfect defense by pointing to the obvious fact that White was not acting as a concerned citizen but had undoubtedly saw an opportunity to create a video solely for the purpose of better serving his own individual market.

And in order to better serve it's market the contractor was ordered was ordered by to fire the worker or face being terminated himself.

Thebrownblob

Once again you're still thinking that everybody works under the same rules you worked under during all those years at UPS. Unfortunately that's not the case and another example of just how truly unique the labor situation is at UPS. And if the person White saw was in UPS brown do you think White would have been dumb enough to film it and use it in the manner knowing who he would have had to contend with?

And if he did the Teamsters would had the perfect defense by pointing to the obvious fact that White was not acting as a concerned citizen but had undoubtedly saw an opportunity to create a video solely for the purpose of better serving his own individual market.

And in order to better serve it's market the contractor was ordered was ordered by to fire the worker or face being terminated himself.
What are you rambling on about? You asked me a question. I answered it. Do you ever feel embarrassed by your responses? You should. People and customers video us all the time.

Thebrownblob

By the way, that’s a terrible defense for a driver who is caught on video doing that at any company I would never use that as a defense. Good way to get a guy fired permanently.

bacha29

By the way, that’s a terrible defense for a driver who is caught on video doing that at any company I would never use that as a defense. Good way to get a guy fired permanently.
At FDX you have no defense Nada! Nothing!. If a person is facing termination especially due to actions on the part of third parties with no vested interest in the matter then you throw everything you've got at them in defense of the guy.
Now if this had been done to a UPS brown shirt and the Teamsters failed to defend the guy facing termination using among other factors that White was not serving the public interest but rather his own completely self serving interest....then you need to go find another union or do without one because based on this scenario you're paying dues for absolutely nothing.

And that would be too bad because I'm as pro union as you are but as we both have to admit that organized labor has become a paper tiger that now represents only 12 % of the US workforce.

Thebrownblob

At FDX you have no defense Nada! Nothing!. If a person is facing termination especially due to actions on the part of third parties with no vested interest in the matter then you throw everything you've got at them in defense of the guy.
Now if this had been done to a UPS brown shirt and the Teamsters failed to defend the guy facing termination using among other factors that White was not serving the public interest but rather his own completely self serving interest....then you need to go find another union or do without one because based on this scenario you're paying dues for absolutely nothing.

And that would be too bad because I'm as pro union as you are but as we both have to admit that organized labor has become a paper tiger that now represents only 12 % of the US workforce.
You have no idea what you’re talking about that is not a defense for violating company policy and damaging customers packages and giving a bad name to the company you represent. Being in the union does not give us a right to do that, we are professionals.

We have progressive discipline for such items, but if you lose a multi million dollar account because of something like this you’re got a problem.