Dating in UPS

Discussion in 'Introductions and Welcomes' started by NickyNik, Oct 4, 2014.

1. NickyNik

NickyNik Member

Newbie here with a question.
    I ran a search and read a few threads that had conflicting advice (most were old threads) so figured I see if things changed since we weren't given an employee handbook or anything.
    I was hired on about 2 months ago and was put with a supervisor for training. He is from a different hub but will be working/supervising at the hub I work at until peak season starts. A few weeks ago we ran into each other at a lounge and have been dating ever since under the radar. Is this a no no considering he will be going back to his hub in a month? Last thing I want is for anyone to lose a job over nothing.

2. rod

rod retired and happy

need to see pictures before we can determine if its worth it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. fres431

fres431 Active Member

Don't crap where you eat.

4. greengrenades

greengrenades To be the man, you gotta beat the man.

It's strange that whenever a female gets hired onto UPS they always end up dating a supervisor. I don't have a clue about supervisors but I know that here employees can date and be married to one another. There are a lot of married and not married couples at my hub.

5. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

Nowhere did the poster claim to be female; not there there's anything wrong with that.

6. ZQXC

ZQXC Guest

I suppose dating would be okay; I know ups screws me quite a lot.

7. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

We had a FT driver who dated and married a PT female hub supervisor, and that was ok as long as they didn't work in the same department, I believe. She was in line to come to work as a yard controller in feeders, but couldn't because she could make sure he got overtime by letting him shift after his regular job. They divorced, so that solved that. lol

8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If both of you can keep it in your pants until Peak is over you should be just fine.

9. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

I've dated a few drivers...never a supervisor...I think that's against the rules. But regardless, I wouldn't want to raise the question of favoritism by going down that road.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  11. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Excuse me, Dave..don't ever edit my posts. You balk and pizz and moan when others do it to you. I'm sorry some people have to pay cash upfront to get laid.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

+2 how hot is he?

13. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

Beat me to it.