DIAD Training----Pickup Scans (On Topic)---Drivers Only

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did you drivers complete the recent DIAD training on pickup scans? They have pretty much eliminated the need for us to scan any packages that we pickup. We are now told to scan the EOD and, if there is no EOD, to just enter the number of packages that we picked up. We are still supposed to scan packages that consignees hand to us on road, which I never do. We are no longer required to scan packages picked up on an OCA.

I scan all of the NDA's as we are required (in my center) to log in how many NDA's we pickup and put on to the belt at the end of the day but, other than that, I only scan the EOD's.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Did you drivers complete the recent DIAD training on pickup scans? They have pretty much eliminated the need for us to scan any packages that we pickup. We are now told to scan the EOD and, if there is no EOD, to just enter the number of packages that we picked up. We are still supposed to scan packages that consignees hand to us on road, which I never do. We are no longer required to scan packages picked up on an OCA.

I scan all of the NDA's as we are required (in my center) to log in how many NDA's we pickup and put on to the belt at the end of the day but, other than that, I only scan the EOD's.

The only thing I scan is the EOD or letterbox packages. Everything else we were told to just enter the amount of pkgs. You note that it eliminates the need to scan, but what I got out of the training was, that we are going to have to scan more. According to the training, the special counts screen will not let us update counts anymore without scanning.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The only thing I scan is the EOD or letterbox packages. Everything else we were told to just enter the amount of pkgs. You note that it eliminates the need to scan, but what I got out of the training was, that we are going to have to scan more. According to the training, the special counts screen will not let us update counts anymore without scanning.

We had previously been instructed to scan all packages on OCA's and if there was no EOD ready.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We had previously been instructed to scan all packages on OCA's and if there was no EOD ready.
As most of the rules at UPS that was not consistent with us or at least it was not consistent that we consistently scan pkgs. Office Depot was scanned then not scanned until it took too much time.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I should have taken a pic of the screen regarding scanning only the eod at ups stores. I pick up one where we must scan every package. Pain in the ass.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I should have taken a pick of the screen regarding scanning only the eod at ups stores. I pick up one where we must scan every package. Pain in the ass.

Who is telling you to scan every package----your mgt team or the store manager?

The training will still be in the board Monday morning.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Who is telling you to scan every package----your mgt team or the store manager?

The training will still be in the board Monday morning.

center manager directive.
Every Driver that does that pick up complains to the store clerks. So much so, that they posted an email they received from our center manager. In it, we are directed to scan every piece.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

center manager directive.
Every Driver that does that pick up complains to the store clerks. So much so, that they posted an email they received from our center manager. In it, we are directed to scan every piece.

Have there been issues in the past with packages showing as being processed but not picked up?

kingOFchester

I do not have letter boxes.

The only thing I scan, and will continue to scan, are on calls. Had an issue with a claim that I didn't make an on call. Thankfully the scan proved that I picked up the 1 box they had requested.

BostonBo

Am I crazy, or did the early part of the training say to never use unscheduled pickup, but near the end of the training state that if we get to a pickup, and another customer dropped his packages and EOD there, to sheet that second pickup as unscheduled?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Am I crazy, or did the early part of the training say to never use unscheduled pickup, but near the end of the training state that if we get to a pickup, and another customer dropped his packages and EOD there, to sheet that second pickup as unscheduled?
Not sure, I try to see how fast I can complete those trainings by hitting enter as fast as I can.....