DiadDude///New Diad

BrownArmy

IMO the placement of the signature key is an inconvenience but not one worth a significant investment to rectify.

I would have to agree...it might happen once or twice a day for me.

When the consignee looks up with confusion after I hand them the DIAD (and they hit the sig button), I just say "Ha, this thing has a mind of its own..." and reset it for their signature.

It's a pain, but a small one...

code5

If they were to do a software upgrade on DIAD 4 I would like to see a couple of keys relocated. Change the friend key so it isn't part of the Escape key. Too may tracking numbers now have friend in them and if the Alfa key isn't on the whole damn tracking number gets erased!

I'd like to see the following things done for DIAD 5

- No more Alpha key
- Put the stylist back on the top so you don't have to have it ready for customers so it is visible so they can get it.
-have an interac option, so we no longer accept cash (I know, this is probably too much of an expence - but would be nice!)
-keep in mind that in the colder climates, drivers wear some type of glove, so keep the buttons large enough.

I'm not all that worried about making the DIAD smaller. Carrying the DIAD 4 really is a non-issue. I'd rather it be userfriendly than compact.

upsers22.3

I have recently been made aware that they are activating the GPS in the DIAD's at Our location...

I would imagine that they are doing the same elsewhere.

Inform Your people to admit to nothing - if questioned (interrogated) about anything regarding the alleged results... by management!

This is their strategy for making these allegations stick!

Get over the miss-conception that if You < spill the beans and admit everything > that these companies are going to pat You on the back and say: That's Ok... We'll let it slide just this once.

These companies want You gone!

Their only objective(s) is to fire their workforce!

It's all they have...

It's the only way they can gain the upper hand and send a message to their people...

Re-establishing the fear associated... leading to their personal advantages and or personal gains - securing their corporate futures and aspirations!

This is a definite even here at UPS

Once We ratified - We became the Prey!

They will be the first to fall victim...

And will not fully understand that they need to zip their lips and allow their representation protect their *****es!
clear.gif

upsers22.3

You can run but you can´t hide the new diad will have a gps system in it. No more saying i can´t get there in time now they will know where you are. . And being asked why this stop took you so long or why did you go here first instead of their. Ups says it´s a tool to help the customer. But we all know it´s to put the hammer on us. Whats next polygraphs?

Deeohem

I have recently been made aware that they are activating the GPS in the DIAD's at Our location...

Ever since ODSe was deployed.

DIAD Dude, Are the D5s going to have some sort of hardware reset on them? From a Field Support perspective, one of the worst things the D4 has going for it is the problem with it locking up.

pretzel_man

You can run but you can´t hide the new diad will have a gps system in it. No more saying i can´t get there in time now they will know where you are. . And being asked why this stop took you so long or why did you go here first instead of their. Ups says it´s a tool to help the customer. But we all know it´s to put the hammer on us. Whats next polygraphs?

DIAD IV has had GPS since the beginning. Before that, each district had 25 GPS units. GPS is nothing new to UPS.

P-Man

DiadDude

Ever since ODSe was deployed.

DIAD Dude, Are the D5s going to have some sort of hardware reset on them? From a Field Support perspective, one of the worst things the D4 has going for it is the problem with it locking up.

The DIAD 5 will have functionality similar to A-K-X on the DIAD 4. There is also some discussion about providing a more powerful reset that could be used in some dead-on-road scenarios. I'll let you know if that gets implemented.

DS

Fenderbender
Hey dude,2 days now with died 5 and I love it.
My only complaint is the signature clarification button.
2 days,3 times the customer accidentally hits it.
This was the 2nd most big complaint about diad IV.
All in all though,it rocks.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Hey Diad dude,

Was adding some sort of printer option ever discussed? Doesn't FedEX have the ability to input information via their powerpad and print a label right from their truck? Sure would be faster than filling out 25 ASDs like I did today...

Not for nothing, but that's not your responsibility. That falls on the customer. You could be held responsible if any of the information is incorrect.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Not for nothing, but that's not your responsibility. That falls on the customer. You could be held responsible if any of the information is incorrect.

So if you are assigned an OCA requesting that you bring 25 ASD's with you do you hand them to the customer and tell them you will come back in a little while or maybe even the next day??

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
So if you are assigned an OCA requesting that you bring 25 ASD's with you do you hand them to the customer and tell them you will come back in a little while or maybe even the next day??

That is correct. I give the customer a reasonable amount of time, and will always pick them up same day whenever possible. Further, with the advent of the internet and UPS.com, I cannot grasp why these relics are still used anywhere but at letterbox locations. What's more, I cannot even fathom having to, in some cases, having to write your credit card information on a form that's handled by no less than 3 complete strangers, either.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Drop those ASDs like their hot and tell them you'll be back later in the day on your way back by once they are completed. 1 or 2 I would help fill out, but not 25.