Diverting send agains to ups stores after one delivery attempt

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by ronzo14, Jan 30, 2016.

1. ronzo14

ronzo14 New Member

Is this happening anywhere else besides California? After one attempt packages are automatically sent to ups stores to be picked up by consigned without customer requesting it. Obviously the company is trying to save money and get more traffic to the ups stores. This is taking Union work away from our clerks by the ups stores handling them. Ups is also using non ups store locations for this and many customer complaints of missing packages when they go to pick them up and no security control.
  2. Brown Down

Brown Down Member

Happening here and the customers aren't too happy about it.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Access Points.
  4. RonBurgandy??????????

RonBurgandy?????????? God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

It's called "access points"'. Ttku
  5. Knothead

Knothead WTF?

@Indecisi0n likes packages left in his access point. Amirite?
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Just when you think it's full you can always add one more.
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Ms.PacMan

Ms.PacMan Well-Known Member

The access point (a little coffee joint) for my route is farther away than the customer counter or the UPS store. I don't get that.
  8. & one of our access points is like 1 block from our center. I don't get that either.
  9. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Ever access point we had dropped out. I know of at least 2 other centers that the same happened.
  10. MendozaJ

MendozaJ Active Member

I was told it is the shipper that requests the access point delivery. Our building doesn't allow heavier items (dog food) to be left at APs even if they pop up AP.
  11. Ms.PacMan

We never had a discussion about access points in our center. Why don't they just sign up a big retailer like CVS?

I would personally like a store like CVS. I would think to myself - good, at least I can get milk, tp, a birthday card, etc and not make a second trip somewhere on the way home.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  12. undies

undies Active Member

I've been back to work a few weeks and already had 5 people yell at me over this. So unless I'm forced to use this AP, I just don't use it and make my 3 attempts.
  13. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Because with how little we pay them it's not worth the headache.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Ms.PacMan

Both CVS and Walgreens have big empty spaces now in their stores because no one has a photo department anymore.

I wish call tags went to access points.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  15. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

Yeah so the Amazon package that has paper towels, snacks, and a case of water in it could be picked up by the customer in a store that sells these very items. Lmao. Probably already happens a lot. Thanks UPS!
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I was told never use No AP so I APed a 90 pound grill. I don't think outside the box just do what I'm told.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. UpstateNYUPSer

They have been trying for years to get people NOT to come to our customer counters. Why do you think Staples charges the same rates?

Access Points make good business sense.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Derail Derail x 1
    • List
  18. UpstateNYUPSer

The shipper would prefer that we deliver it to the address on the package, not to a locker at the 7/11.
  19. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

Because it is a really, really crappy deal for the access point. We had one sign up near a college, at the end of the 1st week, they said they had to limit the number brought in because they did not have the space to store them.
  20. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

This might be a convenience in Lower Manhattan if you can walk there. If you have to drive to get your package you aren't getting the service you payed for(or didn't pay for).