Does anyone know of a supervisor that has a relative working underneath them?

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Wrong. Looks like you have an outdated policy book. My son and niece have both worked at UPS at the same time I have.

ok, it must be my policy book :naive: . might be different for hourly and management, I dont know, but it is a policy.

i'm sure there are circumstances that happens. Direct management should never occur within a family.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had a center manager whose 18 yr old daughter was hired (in the same building but for a different center) as a peak helper.

To his credit, the manager sought out the driver whom his daughter was working with, and made it clear to him that if the daughter wasnt working hard enough she should be fired and given no preferential treatment.

To her credit, she was a very hard worker and did an excellent job for her driver.

TheDick

Thats old policy. Since UPS has trouble getting people to work here, then relaxed the policy.
We've got SUPs and drivers married in neighboring centers. That used to be big taboo

M

Mike23

We had a center manager whose 18 yr old daughter was hired (in the same building but for a different center) as a peak helper.

To his credit, the manager sought out the driver whom his daughter was working with, and made it clear to him that if the daughter wasnt working hard enough she should be fired and given no preferential treatment.

To her credit, she was a very hard worker and did an excellent job for her driver.

Sounds like an actual cool DM. The big question is (and most important by far) is if she was hot or not ;) Sorry, blue collar male pig showing again, ahem :greedy:

We actually have a married couple at our depot. Also we have brothers and sisters (not the same people as the married couple). We were desperate for people though.

As for this, 'company policy' I'm pretty sure they're a little more lax with it because if it's found out someone wasn't hired (but contained better certifications then the person hired) due to relations it could be deemed as discriminating against that person which = hefty lawsuit.