Dominion and Fox News reach $787.5 million settlement in defamation lawsuit

vantexan

Pretty smart for him to leave Fox News.

It was really pathetic that they got on their knees for the radical left's anti free speech lawsuit.
In fairness FOX made a mistake letting Sidney Powell and others come on and make claims they couldn't prove. And then FOX management pushed their hosts to go along because they wanted to keep the audience happy. Tucker even asked Powell where was her proof the voting machines were rigged and his behind the scenes texts showed he thought it was BS. Along with others at FOX. I do know that if FOX replaces him with a lukewarm milquetoast it might be the end of the network.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I do know that if FOX replaces him with a lukewarm milquetoast it might be the end of the network.
Fox News, under their current leadership, is desperate to be what CNN was two decades ago.

Only old people watch anything on Fox News at this point anyways. Tucker might have been the only exception to that.

fishtm2001

In fairness FOX made a mistake letting Sidney Powell and others come on and make claims they couldn't prove. And then FOX management pushed their hosts to go along because they wanted to keep the audience happy. Tucker even asked Powell where was her proof the voting machines were rigged and his behind the scenes texts showed he thought it was BS. Along with others at FOX. I do know that if FOX replaces him with a lukewarm milquetoast it might be the end of the network.
Right because people really love a liar.

vantexan

How dare they report on a national news story!

To the gulag with all of them!
You do realize that a business was libeled on national tv that they broke laws to help a political party win? How do they go forward from that if they don't fight back in court? Because I saw it on FOX I believed the accusations as it appears millions of others did too. That's not a free speech issue. It's reckless behavior. If FOX had been in the right they should have fought it in court. That they settled for as much as they did suggests they were worried a jury would award a good deal more.

vantexan

Sydney Powell was not a Fox News employee.
This isn't that complicated, SMH.
It wasn't just her. They were doing analysis of voting in some counties that they said all but proved votes had been switched. Others were supporting the theory that the machines were rigged. They really ran with it across a number of shows. I'm not saying this is the reason Tucker was let go. Have no idea at this point. I think it's absolutely a stupid decision on their part and pretty sure this will bite them big time.