DOT hours in package car

As far as this particular scenario goes, if you spent the last part of that road run in the sleeper berth/passenger seat (out of driver's seat-logged out of driving and into sleeper berth- no later than 2300 Friday), you should be good. And you certainly did the right thing by reporting to the company that you have HoS outside of their system to factor in.

But I would be very leary of trusting a package supervisor regarding HoS, and you're opening yourself up to potential discipline if you were in fact ineligible to start work (driving) at the scheduled 0915 Saturday.
I don't think he reported his hos to UPS. I think he just "had them check" into his hours, of which they can only see his UPS logged hours. Kind of naive thinking he'd put the onus on the company should he be in violation, and not taking responsibility for his own hos.

I'm only guessing this based on his initial question implying that all hours are somehow reported to, and recorded by the FMCSA.

The government was throwing around a lot of money during that time and I know Carol was one of the ones in the White House catching it.

What I wonder is how much of the vaccine side effects people have is because of us delivering late NDA covid packages.
No more 10:30 deliveries to residentials anymore that's for damn sure

And no more 3:00 air savers to businesses

Tanktoptony

All compensated hours whether you drive or not count towards you hours of service. If you do drive for your friend and then step back into a package car for Saturday you better make sure you were not in violation of either the 14 hr limit the 11 drive limit, had 10 hours off before you clocked back in and that you also had a 34 hr reset in last 7 days.

DriverNerd

One FedEx ground driver told me during the pandemic that he was working 7 days a week. I asked him how and he said he was working 9-10 hours a day with short days on Sunday to keep him under 70/8. They were rolling over volume to keep them working every day. Not sure if that was how contractors were doing it nationwide or just their local building actually abiding by DOT rules.

Johney

All compensated hours whether you drive or not count towards you hours of service. If you do drive for your friend and then step back into a package car for Saturday you better make sure you were not in violation of either the 14 hr limit the 11 drive limit, had 10 hours off before you clocked back in and that you also had a 34 hr reset in last 7 days.
You can work one day over 14 hours(up to 16) I worked a couple of those in my years in feeders and you don’t really need a reset if you keep very good check on your hours. It’s been a while for me but if I remember as hours fall off you also gain some back.

Cowboy Mac

You can work one day over 14 hours(up to 16) I worked a couple of those in my years in feeders and you don’t really need a reset if you keep very good check on your hours. It’s been a while for me but if I remember as hours fall off you also gain some back.
If you work 8 hours every day, at the end of day 7, that should be 56 hours. On day 8 you get the 8 hours you worked on day 1 plus your remaining 4 hours from the end of the week for a total of 12 hours available for that day. And so on…

Johney

If you work 8 hours every day, at the end of day 7, that should be 56 hours. On day 8 you get the 8 hours you worked on day 1 plus your remaining 4 hours from the end of the week for a total of 12 hours available for that day. And so on…
What was always a pita is when working nights. The before and after midnight exchange.

You only get that one day over 14 if you fall under the short haul exception. OP was clearly not working under that exception.

Johney

Exactly so shut up and mind your own business @Just A UPS Guy !
IMG_5072.gif