downs stock

formerfeeder

ImpactedTSG said:
wake up and realize it's not just management. FedEX can out-price UPS because they don't have to pay their drivers $25 per hour and can fire them if they do a :censored2:ty job.
but they won't deny themselves huge stock bonuses for doing ****ty jobs will they?

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
FormerFeeder (bottom feeder........that is what I call some my feeder buddies!)?) but they won't deny themselves huge stock bonuses for doing ****ty jobs will they?

Please share what this huge bonus amount is and who is getting it----I know that Sups and Managers get a year end bonus, which has just changed so they get it spread out over a 5 year period---is this the huge bonus that you are referring to??It appears to me that the hours that the management people are working---if they were to get OT after 8 hours a day would be more than going into management and getting the year end bonus to reward them for the many hours that they work.

psstdrvr

mngmt year end bonuses range between 50% and 250% of their annual salary. I'd take that over o/t anytime. Personally,based on the stock performance lately,they should be penalized for their ineptness and lack of customer/shareholder concern. Everyone should read the UPS Policy Book all mngers are issued; you will understand where the hypocrysy at UPS started!!!!!

wily_old_vet

psstdrvr said:
mngmt year end bonuses range between 50% and 250% of their annual salary. I'd take that over o/t anytime. Personally,based on the stock performance lately,they should be penalized for their ineptness and lack of customer/shareholder concern. Everyone should read the UPS Policy Book all mngers are issued; you will understand where the hypocrysy at UPS started!!!!!

That bonus is for the very upper level mgt not the on cars and del mgrs. Also it isn't a given that they will get it, they have to meet certain criteria.

psstdrvr

I've been with this company over 25 yrs and never heard of them NOT getting it. It is a given...an increasingly undeserved given.

sendagain

Honestly, spend a day answering the phones in a center, it would drive me up a wall. Then realize every few years you are going to be moved into a whole new location, have to learn a new city, and deal with a brand new set of drivers. If you happen to work for a complete jerk, you might be sent to Siberia for pointing out that someone's plan is full of holes. If it was such a great opportunity, why are you still driving the truck?

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
psstdriver----the huge year end bonus you are referring to is 1 or 2 times the supervisors monthly wage---managers get twice that much. So they don't get any overtime and work ungodly hours--is it worth it for them----and now they don't get it right away---but it is spread out over a 5 year period!!

So as a driver---if you were not paid any OT and at the end of the year got the same "HUGE" year end bonus what would you think of that!!

Bottom line is we have to prove to Wall Street that we are the best Delivery Company---it just kills me that we have a huge 4th quarter 2005--first time over $1 billion in profit ( Monte--can you claim that for Fed Ex??) and our stock price goes down because our ground volume is flat----our Supply Chain Solutions Division is growing leaps and bounds and so is our Int'l Growth---and we are cutting costs and aquiring companies (Menlo and Overnite) andbecause our ground volume----the least profitable and lowest revenue producing part of our business---and the price of our stock goes down---and we increased the amount of our dividend to shareholders from .33 to .38 (Monte--what is Fed Ex's dividend?)

tieguy

Banned
psstdrvr said:
I've been with this company over 25 yrs and never heard of them NOT getting it. It is a given...an increasingly undeserved given.

The huge bonus you're referring to is the new stock option plan for upper level management. They can lose it if they do not maintain their position for the three year period. And yes they do lose their jobs or get demoted. And yes they do have discipline in which they are denied that bonus for not doing a good job. They won't print it on the front page of the paper when they do but it does happen.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Wall Street favoring FedEx..... maybe there are some favors being done that could have some undo influence on FedEx??

Monte-----do you get to ride on the Coprorate Jet too??

montecarlo12

UPSDAWG,
lol...no I dont get to ride in Freds private jets. Im not a politician, and come to think of it, cant think of anyone in politics who is working in Wall Street. Can you think of anyone? Both UPS and Fedex obviously work in the same industry, Both are susceptible to changing economies, cost of fuel..etc etc. UPS's stock price has been flat for over 5 years where Fedex's has doubled. I wouldnt call Fedex's success over the last 5+ years a shot in the dark. When analyst on Wall Street project a target price on a particular share there are many variables that come into play. That formula is used in the same way for each company. To say Wall Street favors Fedex over UPS is crazy. Do you think Wall Street hates the color Brown? Im pretty sure I read that UPS didnt meet there earnings goals in the past two 4th Quarters. If you go to (Fedex News) on "Brown Cafe" there was an article I think from a Pittsburgh paper two days ago explaining how analyist come up with a target price for the physical year. In this case it had Fedex stock going to $126.00. I just feel its a cop out to say Wall Street loves Fedex and dislikes UPS. JMO.

afups

Stock bunus is not a given and never has been. Screw up real bad and see what your annual bonus is.

Earn it or lose it is the word... I have been away for a while but I knew some who did not receive it, some more than once.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I've been holding it in, but I'm about to burst !!

It's FISCAL !! FISCAL YEAR !!!!!

Whew, I feel much better now!! :)

montecarlo12

moreluck,
lol, I know I cant spell. Im just a dumb truck driver. You have to admit that im getting better??? At least I hope I am :)

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
Monte---Wall Street looks at meeting some earnings thresholds and if UPS is just meeting it and has a slip in Ground Volume, the feedback from WS is that our competitors are taking Market Share---to be honest, I think that we are not wanting to keep some of the unprofitable ground volume that we have and are willing to capture more of the Int'l Revenues and Supply Chain $$$ that are out there. The fact that UPS had the most profitable quarter ever in the history of UPS has got to make some people look differently at the measurement tools that are being used-----over $1 Billion Profit for the 4th Quarter!!We will have to see what kind of profit FedEx shows in it's next quarter ending--which should reflect December------it is confusing the way that their quarters are???

Fed Ex is a good competitor for UPS--it has forced us into doing things a little differently than we might have , had we no competition.There will be future hurdles for both companies to cross, and time will tell which one endures and provides the most profit to it's shareholders