DRA RTB vs 280 route report

DRAisawesome

Learned some interesting information lately. If you are on a 100% DRA route your RTB isn't really your goal. If your 280 SPH are higher than your daily DRA SPH then 280 applies to you. You will be judged on your 280 numbers. This makes no sense and why do we have DRA RTB then? FedEx once again does whatever favors fedex not the courier.

Dano, I'm sure you can explain this to me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Learned some interesting information lately. If you are on a 100% DRA route your RTB isn't really your goal. If your 280 SPH are higher than your daily DRA SPH then 280 applies to you. You will be judged on your 280 numbers. This makes no sense and why do we have DRA RTB then? FedEx once again does whatever favors fedex not the courier.

Dano, I'm sure you can explain this to me.

He's on the phone with Thornton getting your answer right now. That is interesting information.

DontThrowPackages

Shouldn't be an issue. Request a check ride, follow dra stop for stop, circles and all, and that's that. Anyway, if you're coming back to the sta right after your last stop and not going to IHOP or Starbucks first, your RTB shouldn't be a huge problem..

DontThrowPackages

Y
and how does a manager set sph goals for any rt in a station that is using dra when you are never in the same area 2 days in a row? impossible.
You have a point there. What did your manager say when you told him/her your rte never finishes in the same location and RTB would logically be different everyday?

SmithBarney

Managers rely heavily on the "GAP" report, and as dontthrowpackages said as long as you aren't taking more time to stem back after your last stop than it should, then it isn't an issue.
The GAP report can be your friend (or foe) when it's on the computer screen a MGR can easily click addresses to see how long BING maps says it should take. Granted it's not perfect(some maps and times are off), but if you are jerking around, it'll show.

SmithBarney

True, and if your OPS manager lets you sit and play with the GAP report you can pick it apart, but they are only looking for Glaring issues, believe me I've looked at mine, and get tired after checking about 4-5stops that are questionable(RED) I couldn't and wouldn't want to look(in depth) at 30-40 CRR's reports.

Bottom line, do your job to the best of your ability, if they question anything, open the passenger door, and say sit down, shut up, and enjoy the ride. (BTW I haven't had a check ride in 6 years, I think because I always welcome them along)