Driver Activity Report

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The best example I can think of are the SWM audits.

The sup MUST find at least 20 infractions out of 150, or some silly number like that.

Just like soberups made a point of, NO MATTER HOW WELL YOU PERFORM DURING THIS AUDIT, the supervisor must either find something wrong or make up something wrong that you are doing to justify this audit.

YOU CANNOT POSSIBLY DO EVERYTHING CORRECTLY IN A SWM, EVEN IF YOU DO EVERYTHING CORRECTLY.

The same can be thought of telematics, driver activity reports and discipline. No matter how good you are, either you will be found to make even the slightest errors OR they will be invented.

This is true ... I have observed and experienced this type of approach that everybody can do it better - there is something they can improve on. Amusing in many ways.:wink2:

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I experienced this firsthand this week.

I got brought into the office to explain a 72 min gap during my lunch period. They showed me a map and showed my last stop and what time I stop completed, then they showed my first stop after lunch and when I completed that.

The DM red flagged me because this is considered stealing time. According to our NEW rules, my lunch STARTS when I stop complete my last stop. So when I drove to the convenience store to wash my hands and get a cold drink, my lunch was in effect.

They are redflagging anything over 65 minutes during lunch breaks and 15 minutes during regular breaks. I was told UPS is losing money hand over fist and they won't tolerate employees stealing time.

Now I know how the world would work IF the Nazi's had won. :knockedout:
You got dirty on company time so you get clean on company time. Then your lunch starts. Period.

And another thing, the world works the way it does because the nazis DIDN'T win:whiteflag:

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Back in the days when I was a driver and men were men, you didn't wash your hands. You ate just like you were - dirt and all.
What a bunch of wussies.

Ehhh! What did you say?

Yes, us peasants should not need to wash our hands with soap and water, the sweat from the face and body should clean up just fine.

jennie

Yes, us peasants should not need to wash our hands with soap and water, the sweat from the face and body should clean up just fine.

I am so hungry sometimes when I leave work, that I must confess, that I have eaten without washing my hands. I have all boys and I think they lie to me when they tell me they have washed their hands. o0o0o0o0o (washing hands is overrated:funny:)

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years
I never wash my hands before lunch. Not coincidentally, I also have 420 hours of sick time banked because by now I must have ingested every microbe known to man.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

jennie

I never wash my hands before lunch. Not coincidentally, I also have 420 hours of sick time banked because by now I must have ingested every microbe known to man.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger...

High Five, very rarely sick here either:peaceful:

jennie

I don't think that much about the 3rd world countries. I take a shower everyday but do not wash hands all the time.

helenofcalifornia

Hoax, see what you started? WAY off topic now, talking about ritualistic hand washing instead of how the Man abuses us poor UPS employees. Either back to Mod-in-training school for you on how to stay on topic, or take your Ritalin DAILY!

Back in the days when I was a driver and men were men, you didn't wash your hands. You ate just like you were - dirt and all.
What a bunch of wussies.

Ehhh! What did you say?

Exactly, I even use a 4th edition map when a 7th edition is available. Wait, when you were a driver, were you still using Flintstone cars?

P

pickup

You got dirty on company time so you get clean on company time. Then your lunch starts. Period.

And another thing, the world works the way it does because the nazis DIDN'T win:whiteflag:

I think the world works the way it does because the nazis did win. when they saw the gig was up they took all the money they looted and fled to other countries and continents and used the money to start up and/or fund corporations that now rule the world. -Just my paranoid opinion as I ready my bunker with survival rations.

U.S. space program? Ha , ha run by nazis from Warner Von Braun all he way through the ranks.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Exactly, I even use a 4th edition map when a 7th edition is available. Wait, when you were a driver, were you still using Flintstone cars?

Package car was made by Grumman, used paper Delivery Record and a paper time card, no cell phones - once I left the building I was on my own till I came back, Just me and my customers. Best job I ever had!

And I believe I had a Flintstone lunch box and drank my tea from a Flintstone jelly bean jar.