Driver Progression Question

Dr.Brownz

I was a pt local sorter and then was a utility driver for 4 months covering routes and now as a FT driver I'm red circled at utility rate. Though to be fair our center manager, BA and DM knew there were about 15 utility drivers in my position who were going to file grievances if they weren't red circled.

Strength in numbers, keep the union strong!

honeybadger

Run it in the blind
Sorry Dude , I am in the same boat as you . I was pt 2006 til march of 2014. I called my local to see what progession I had 3 or 4 . Sadly it is was the 4 year . The hardest part about all of it is the reg temps make 6 more dollars an hour more than us . So guys who only worked pt for a year or less & went reg temp to perm full time are locked in at the 24 an hour . That feels like a kick in the balls . I have 9 people under me 6 of which make more . Sucks

By The Book

I have been with UPS since 2005 and was hired as a Full Time driver on April 1, 2014. Be for then I had been part time on the preload and also a part time Air Driver since April 2007. Well i had origionally been told that I would have to go through a 4 year driving progression.... But today after actually just taking some time and reading through the contract I am no longer sure about that??? In the contract it states that on page 155-156
"
No employee shall be required to complete a full-time pro- gression more than one (1) time even if he or she transfers between full-time jobs except as set forth in this paragraph. The sole exception is when an employee is awarded a package car or feeder driver job and has not previously held a full-time job which includes driving duties. In such event, the employee will have a break-in rate equal to the employee’s current wage rate until six (6) months from the date the employee entered the job. The employee will then go to the prevailing top rate. A part-time air driver who has completed the Article 40 progression, bids a full-time inside job and then a driver job within two (2) years shall have the same break-in period."

According to this I believe that I should now be at top rate...

Any input would be greatly appreciated
When you were a part time air driver, did you ever deliver a 3 day select package or pick up or deliver ground packages? Your paycheck would of shown a third pay rate if this is the case. One for your preload rate, one for your air rate and one for the ground work that you did.