Driver quit after many years of employment

M

Mike23

Mike.. pre warning for you :
Same like we had :

They expect a new building to make the best ever numbers....

We been there...

I feel sorry for you.

You`ll get top notches from the US, and from TO....
Telling you, new buliding.. lets be the best !

LOL oh god, I feel sorry for me and it hasn't even hit yet! They've done the relooping and my stop count is supposed to be 90-110. That's ok cause I do that anyways. The weird thing they did though is take away my tiny resi route that put me to 90-110 and gave me two others that'll put me to 110-130, lol.

They claim they're going to 'push/pull' which means in the am they'll look at how screwed I am, take stops off until I'm between 100-110 and give it to the person beside me. If they're over then it keeps going down the line. It's good in theory, like a lot of ideas they have, but how they manage it I think will take quite a bit of getting used to since they've been used to pandemonium dispatching for the last few years.

Heck, we don't even USE seniority when it comes to sending drivers back out. We had a 2.5 year guy REFUSE to work as directed since he got a page asking him to help (at 3pm. He has a swing route which he got after he was kicked off HIS route by someone with less seniority). He said no (due to having a new swing route he didn't know and actually doing a good job of delivering that day) so they told him he had to help. He said no then went back to the depot, got reprimanded and blah blah blah. Well, our steward asked our sups why he was getting reprimanded because looking around the depot there were at least 5 other drivers with less seniority punching out before this driver.

Sups in our depot have 'favorites' who they call on almost everyday to get the job done. The ONLY way, I found, to get off that favorites list is be a big pain in their butt and call about every little issue that you might have. That way they know not to send you anyplace otherwise they have to babysit you :D I work as directed, me need instructions cause me no think good :greedy::greedy:

The good thing about the new depot is that ALL our air will be on us when we leave the building! NO MORE AIRMEETS! WOO HOOOOOOO!!! :happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

over9five

Staff member
Is there actually any driver on this site , that hasn't been suspended atleast once, for some kind of little mischief ?

Uh, me. No warning letters either.

My secret is this:

Go to work. Do your job. Be friendly with everybody. Go home.