Driving test

STFXG

You'll do an obstacle course through some cones. If you hit one you'll fail. So practice as long as it takes before you test.

As far as the on road portion they will ask pretty basic stuff. Why use a lower gear in bad weather. Following distance. Keep your eyes moving/scanning the area. Tire turning based on how you're parking. Nothing crazy...

Pretrip: check your lights. Tires (pressure ok/tread depth). Fluids. Windshield. Basic stuff.

The test is done at the Fedex terminal. Given by the Fedex safety director. Like stfxg said practice the cone course. The safety director will do it before you, don't try to drive like he does. They belong in their office, not behind the wheel.

Fourputt

Boris say, if truck start..it OK. If you drive and no hit nobody..it good. You make Boris happy by delivering lots of boxes, OK?
What's the protocol on nose picking while driving? It helps me. I don't do it when texting, of course. My motto is: safe driving means doing nothing else while texting. I always roll up the booger and flick it out the window too, so it's more sanitary. I also plan on bringing my iPod and listening to my Glen Beck podcasts during the test.:funny:

Regarding practice... Can you actually practice at the test site in the same vehicle? I didn't know practice was an option. I have a bit of driving experience, but never in one of the box trucks.

Thanks for the heads up.

Fourputt

Do you flick it off instantly by pressing your index finger against your thumb..... or are you a roller? I find both ways have their advantages. The instant flick saves time if you are in a hurry, but the roll is more satisfying.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What's the protocol on nose picking while driving? It helps me. I don't do it when texting, of course. My motto is: safe driving means doing nothing else while texting. I always roll up the booger and flick it out the window too, so it's more sanitary. I also plan on bringing my iPod and listening to my Glen Beck podcasts during the test.:funny:

Regarding practice... Can you actually practice at the test site in the same vehicle? I didn't know practice was an option. I have a bit of driving experience, but never in one of the box trucks.

Thanks for the heads up.

Boris say..nose pick OK. No eat though. OK to listen to crazy man Glenn Back too. Just make me lots of money and say nothing about truck problem Boris have to fix.

overflowed

Oh and don't forget to leave your truck running with the keys in it while you go on an office building for 20 minutes . Really it saves time, ask any ground driver.