Ebola spreading in West Africa: What you need to know

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It strengthens his victim mentality stance, so it must be true.
Really? I thought it just pointed out that Americans don't really give a whit about Black Africans dying, but when it hits home, OMG! Why isn't the government I want dismantled doing something about ISIS Ebola crossing the border?

Be very afraid!

upschuck

Really? I thought it just pointed out that Americans don't really give a whit about Black Africans dying, but when it hits home, OMG! Why isn't the government I want dismantled doing something about ISIS Ebola crossing the border?

Be very afraid!
The US gov't is not the World gov't. That being said, the US has done a lot to help the people in Africa, so to say America won't do anything until "white people" contract it less than truthful. In fact, I bet the USA has done more, and sent more support there than any other country outside of Africa. As a matter of fact, American Christian charities(the ones that supposedly hate others not like themselves) have sent doctors that have contracted the disease.

Panin

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The US gov't is not the World gov't. That being said, the US has done a lot to help the people in Africa, so to say America won't do anything until "white people" contract it less than truthful. In fact, I bet the USA has done more, and sent more support there than any other country outside of Africa. As a matter of fact, American Christian charities(the ones that supposedly hate others not like themselves) have sent doctors that have contracted the disease.

I agree with all but your first sentence. We have done more than anyone, as a country and a people, as is expected. If you think that US gov't and 'world gov't' digress at a point, I disagree. It's all the same. In this I agree with @wkmac

I have no problem with 'Christian charities', as long as behave 'Christ like'.

We have the resources and capability to help, and we should. Have you seen the Russians send in any troops to set up aid centers? Why is that? It's no less a threat to Russia.

moreluck

golden ticket member
uh,oh...
A hospital worker in Dallas has tested positive for ebola.

Via Guardian:

A Texas healthcare worker who provided care for Thomas Duncan, the first patient to be diagnosed with Ebola outside Africa, has tested positive for the deadly virus, officials have said.

The worker at Texas Health Presbyterian hospital in Dallas reported a low-grade fever on Friday night and was isolated and referred for testing, the state’s department of health services said. The preliminary test result was received late on Saturday.

The unnamed worker had provided care for Duncan, who died on Wednesday after being diagnosed with Ebola last month, while in the US.

Dr David Lakey, commissioner of the department of health services, said: “We knew a second case could be a reality, and we’ve been preparing for this possibility. We are broadening our team in Dallas and working with extreme diligence to prevent further spread.”

Health officials have interviewed the patient and are identifying any contacts or potential exposures. People who had contact with the healthcare worker after symptoms emerged will be monitored based on the nature of their interactions and the potential they were exposed to the virus, the department said.

Last edited:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

moreluck

golden ticket member
Supposedly the nurse was in full germaphobe dress......gee, how'd she get it.
Maybe tos will take a trip to Dallas and sit and read to the ebola patient......huh?

moreluck

golden ticket member
From this very link:

Ebola not very infectious

Ebola is actually very difficult to catch. People are at risk if they come into very close contact with the blood, saliva, sweat, feces, semen, vomit or soiled clothing of an Ebola patient, or if they travel to affected areas in West Africa and come into contact with someone who has Ebola.

TOS.
Yeah, and ISIS isn't Islamic

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Yeah, and ISIS isn't Islamic
It's another Benghazi. One person died and that is a tragedy. But many more people across the country died that same day because of limited or no healthcare. And from conditions much more treatable than Ebola, something most doctors in America have only read about.
The problem runs much deeper. But it's much more productive to hurl accusations. FOX would be proud.Ebola! Brought to you by the magic hand of the free market capitalist healthcare system, because nothing is too important not to farm out to the lowest bidder.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's another Benghazi. One person died and that is a tragedy. But many more people across the country died that same day because of limited or no healthcare. And from conditions much more treatable than Ebola, something most doctors in America have only read about.
The problem runs much deeper. But it's much more productive to hurl accusations. FOX would be proud.Ebola! Brought to you by the magic hand of the free market capitalist healthcare system, because nothing is too important not to farm out to the lowest bidder.
Why we have obamacare......all people will be covered now....it's a miracle from the ONE.

ImWaitingForTheDay

Annoy a conservative....Think for yourself
Rick Perry and the Texas republican legislators are nothing more than a DEATH PANEL for poor people. We can easily call Rick Perry the GRIM REAPER. That goes for all the other republican governors who refused federal funds for Medicaid Expansion. Their arrogance endangers MILLIONS of people's lives.Kinda reminds me when all those people that yelled, "Let him die!!" at Ron Paul during the Republican debates...
I guess they hadn't taken into account a virulent virus....

Last edited: