Egypt

Upsmule

Gee, it's not looking like a very democratic society is very happy about an obviously flawed and or corrupt election outcome today. Hey Barry! Throw a couple more BILLION and another fighter jet or two on the fire maroon!

oldngray

nowhere special
Although Egypt is a Muslim country they are NOT Arabs and remember their ancient history. I think if we stay out of it the Egyptians will kick out the Muslim radicals and form a more sane government.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I'm seeing these things in the middle east as the tipping point of another world war. Syria is on fire and the US, China and Russia are speaking spooky languages. Egypt just might go all out civil war. Its only a matter of time before things get really ugly in old asia.

And I mean not just how it is now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
He's now reviewing the aid to Egypt...........he was OK sending it to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Gee, did he review it when his buddy Mubarak got shoved out???

wkmac

Can we throw Obama out of office like Egypt did with their President. I don't believe it'll make a difference but hell, I'll go along with anything if they have great fireworks at the end!

Wonder if they are playing 1812' Overture too? Gotta go. Time to find my V for Vendetta mask! :happy-very:

3069274e39d08c16360f6a7067003e1f.jpg

That's a hell of a long trip to Alabama to get fireworks.

BrownArmy

All this talk about our down economy, bla-bla, etc.

Turns out, we (the USA), give close to $50,000,000,000 to foreign countries annually.

We give out a lot of money, and here's some 2012 numbers: (in billions!)

Israel...$3.075
Afghanistan...$2.237
Pakistan...$2.102
Iraq...$1.683
Egypt...$1.557

How's that working out for us?

(Rhetorical question, imagine if all of that money - your money - was invested in roads/schools/health care/ etc.)

For what, exactly?

wkmac

All this talk about our down economy, bla-bla, etc.

Turns out, we (the USA), give close to $50,000,000,000 to foreign countries annually.

We give out a lot of money, and here's some 2012 numbers: (in billions!)

Israel...$3.075
Afghanistan...$2.237
Pakistan...$2.102
Iraq...$1.683
Egypt...$1.557

How's that working out for us?

(Rhetorical question, imagine if all of that money - your money - was invested in roads/schools/health care/ etc.)

For what, exactly?

I know I'm just a happy camper to contribute to the cause every tax season. Where else can one get all this so good anyway?

wkmac

Senseless ain't it...

Actually it makes perfect sense when you read and understand the agenda going on. BTW: Reading and understanding doesn't equate to agreeing with either. Just thought I'd make that clear for the record.

P

pickup

804brown

Great, the masses have now placed power back into the hands of a military junta that is committed to the defense of the economic interests of the ruling class!! I understand morsi was not getting the job done, but now the army (which has strong ties to the US army...great) is in control and they certainly will not meet the demands of decent jobs, livable wages and democratic rights. Democracy is messy and at times chaotic. Only a true mass movement not controlled by the elites or outside forces (the U.S.) or ALLOWED by the elitist military can bring real democracy to Egypt.

Upsmule

Great, the masses have now placed power back into the hands of a military junta that is committed to the defense of the economic interests of the ruling class!! I understand morsi was not getting the job done, but now the army (which has strong ties to the US army...great) is in control and they certainly will not meet the demands of decent jobs, livable wages and democratic rights.

Or Muslim Brotherhood "rule of law." An oxymoron by the way.

oldngray

nowhere special
It seems to me the army in Egypt was supporting and protecting the people and trying to stop the abuses by Morsi. They claim they are already working to restore a democratic government. Whether they do return control to civilian leadership remains to be seen but so far it looks like they will. This change was brought about by a peaceful mass movement of the people and not the military arbitrarily using force. The US just needs to stay out of there and let them control their own destiny. Egyptians already blame the US for Morsi since Obama was a strong supporter of his despite his ties to Muslim Brotherhood.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It's important that they run with ONE good candidate. The vote got split up so bad in the last election......and that allowed the Muslim Brotherhood to win it.

island1fox

Great, the masses have now placed power back into the hands of a military junta that is committed to the defense of the economic interests of the ruling class!! I understand morsi was not getting the job done, but now the army (which has strong ties to the US army...great) is in control and they certainly will not meet the demands of decent jobs, livable wages and democratic rights. Democracy is messy and at times chaotic. Only a true mass movement not controlled by the elites or outside forces (the U.S.) or ALLOWED by the elitist military can bring real democracy to Egypt.

Please get out of LA-LA land. The Masses governing Themselves ??? Whether you like it or not --good or bad --there will always be LEADERS and there will always be FOLLOWERS.:happy-very: VIVA LA CUBA--the great REVOLUTION of the people.

wkmac

I think the military moved when they did out of fear an outcome could present itself that was outside the control of the controllers if it went longer. Even worse is that the rest of us might get ideas floating in our heads and the risk we might start thinking could prove bad for them. Had that happened it would be pretty easy to tell as the global ministry of truth would be telling us how evil the new people driven outcome is.

I pretty much find that if the ministry of truth sez bad, it's good and if it sez good, it's bad. Not always but most of the time one will be on the moral and descent side of an issue following that pattern.

And I 100% agree with oldngray on his point in post #62.

804brown

Or Muslim Brotherhood "rule of law." An oxymoron by the way.
Funny we have our own muslim brotherhood in this country trying to push their religiously based view of how government should be run and how people should submit to it...better known as the republican party.