empire

Non sequitur

They know how much they get in contributions from defense companies, and they know their constituents who work in the military industrial complex love their government subsidized jobs. It's not about defense, it's about money. If anything, our international presence makes us less safe, not more.
Wrong. A better theory would be: If you wish to stay on top military wise, then you better get your force in the best fighting condition. What good would all the training in the world be, if you never got to use it. Plus the nut job communist and jhadies are just asking for it. Think about it every emon has a complete captive audience and they send these poor fools to "their" paradise for the same dam reason every unscrupulous leader does, power!

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Wrong. A better theory would be: If you wish to stay on top military wise, then you better get your force in the best fighting condition. What good would all the training in the world be, if you never got to use it. Plus the nut job communist and jhadies are just asking for it. Think about it every emon has a complete captive audience and they send these poor fools to "their" paradise for the same dam reason every unscrupulous leader does, power!
wut

Non sequitur

Ricky and others are trying to create a utopian society which isn't a bad thing. My point is, absent any help from other countries we are stuck being the bmoc. That doesn't happen unless you prove your abilities from time to time.

rickyb

There are a lot of wealthy countries out there. If hunger could end with $30 Billion a year then why hasn't it happened?
thats what im wondering!

probably one answer is that when people dont have to worry about being hungry then they have more time to think about other things which might affect people with all the money.

rickyb

Ricky and others are trying to create a utopian society which isn't a bad thing. My point is, absent any help from other countries we are stuck being the bmoc. That doesn't happen unless you prove your abilities from time to time.
is BMOC the right description of being an empire?

rickyb

There are a lot of wealthy countries out there. If hunger could end with $30 Billion a year then why hasn't it happened?
msg deleted but ill say they control people with fear so if u can make people afraid of going hungry, or afraid of starvation then you can keep them under control.

and then if everyone was fed then they would have more time to think about politics and economics which could end up taking money away from the ultra rich.

rickyb

The Pentagon Can't Account for $21 Trillion (That's Not a Typo)

A couple of years ago, Mark Skidmore, an economics professor, heard Catherine Austin Fitts, former assistant secretary in the Department of Housing and Urban Development, say that the Department of Defense Office of Inspector General had found $6.5 trillion worth of unaccounted-for spending in 2015.

The expenses with no explanation were 54 times the actual budget allotted by Congress. Well, it’s good to see Congress is doing 1/54th of its job of overseeing military spending (that’s actually more than I thought Congress was doing). This would seem to mean that 98 percent of every dollar spent by the Army in 2015 was unconstitutional.

Right now, the Pentagon is being audited for the first time ever, and it’s taking 2,400 auditors to do it. I’m not holding my breath that they’ll actually be allowed to get to the bottom of this.

Once these trillions are considered, our fiat currency has even less meaning than it already does, and it’s only a matter of time before inflation runs wild.

It also means that any time our government says it “doesn’t have money” for a project, it’s laughable. It can clearly “create” as much as it wants for bombing and death. This would explain how Donald Trump’s military can drop well over 100 bombs a day that cost well north of $1 million each.

Twenty-one trillion.

Former Secretary of Defense Robert Gates spoke about how no one knows where the money is flying in the Pentagon. In a barely reported speech in 2011, he said, “My staff and I learned that it was nearly impossible to get accurate information and answers to questions such as, ‘How much money did you spend?’ and ‘How many people do you have?’

rickyb

Dude our economy is only worth so much and the government only takes in so much. The idea that there's 10's of trillions of Dollars being spent with no accountability is ludicrous. Billions yes. Trillions? And you believe that?
yea i do and this is not the first time this has happened.

many americans dont understand that the empire in star wars was based on the US empire. many dont get that US is even an empire.

and its not necessarily about "taking in money". alot of people dont even understand how money is created. government spending is not comparable to a household budget.