End car and home ownership?

Over70irregs

this is past tense with the real estate market slowing down.

I'm not seeing any professionals buying anything in my neighborhood . Lot of first home buying families
Companies buying then rental turnaround. They are sometimes using individuals to call as proxy. The know people resent them. This is first hand knowledge.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Since youve apparently ripped my argument to shreds, you explain to me why you think there’s a housing shortage in America.
It's not because we need to stop building single family homes and it's not because of hedge funds. You're falling for silly left wing crap.

What I can tell you is that most of the country doesn't have a housing shortage.

newolddude

It's not because we need to stop building single family homes and it's not because of hedge funds. You're falling for silly left wing crap.

What I can tell you is that most of the country doesn't have a housing shortage.
Explain to me:
-homelessness
-metro areas where essential workers (police, teachers, UPS drivers) must drive an hour because they can’t afford to live in the areas they serve
-how homes even in my average area get 10 offers the day they go on market

newolddude

Just because you have a place to live doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue.

(Let me guess: you’re gonna tell me the FMLMC/Freddie Mac are liberals.)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
-metro areas where essential workers (police, teachers, UPS drivers) must drive an hour because they can’t afford to live in the areas they serve
So now your argument has changed from there being a housing shortage, to arguing people should be allowed to live wherever they want regardless of their income.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
-how homes even in my average area get 10 offers the day they go on market
Here's a great left wing run city for you to live in. 54 listings in a fairly small area. Why don't people want to live there?

Screenshot_20220731-083432_Zillow.jpg

newfie

Explain to me:
-
-
Other than an extreme example like maybe San francisco or LA there are affordable areas to live in , in most cities.

the question is do you want to live in a city where you're on top of your neighbors or do you prefer to live in the suburbs where you have a little space from your neighbors.

my daughter lives in a nice house she bought in a nice neighborhood in baltimore. She likes living in a city I could never live like that.

newfie

Just because you have a place to live doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue.

(Let me guess: you’re gonna tell me the FMLMC/Freddie Mac are liberals.)
Most of the folks living on the streets would never be home buyers at any price . You're using apples to explain a shortage of oranges.

newolddude

Other than an extreme example like maybe San francisco or LA there are affordable areas to live in , in most cities.

the question is do you want to live in a city where you're on top of your neighbors or do you prefer to live in the suburbs where you have a little space from your neighbors.

my daughter lives in a nice house she bought in a nice neighborhood in baltimore. She likes living in a city I could never live like that.
Again: you're projecting what you think on to everyone else.

Some people want to live in the country on 20 acres with nobody in sight.
Some people want to live in the suburbs in houses.
Some people want to live in the suburbs in apartments.
Some people want to live in the city.

Just because you love love love the suburbs doesn't mean everyone wants to live the same way.

There needs to be a reasonable housing stock for people to have options and not have economic stresses on the market that push prices out of the reach of normal people.