Estimate Calculator

This is only partially correct, although the math works out the same either way.

Pension contributions are made only the first 40 hours per week up to 52 weeks per year, hence the 2080. OT hours do not count so you are incorrect in that many don't get any contributions during Peak.
No.. I got credit for 425 hours in feb 2013 (I did not work in feb. only vaca hrs) 157 hours in nov 2013...0 in dec 2013

By The Book

We have had guys,that took too many calls. and did not get full credit.

They will be sorry later.
I was under the impression that even if you called out and worked only 4 days a week but you worked 40 hours in those 4 days, you would still get your 40 per week. The overtime hours count up to the 160 per month but not paid over that.

I was under the impression that even if you called out and worked only 4 days a week but you worked 40 hours in those 4 days, you would still get your 40 per week. The overtime hours count up to the 160 per month but not paid over that.
Their are so many rules and loopholes. hard to keep up with It.

We had a driver,retire this year. thought he had enough time to retire. he needed one more week. Why? Because he took a week of sick days(Iit was agreed on).
The loophole says if you take 5 sick days in one work week. No pension contributions are made

If he retired at the end of the year, no big deal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is why you make sure your annual pension statements are accurate and you get a print out a year or so before your projected retirement date just to make sure there are no surprises.

By The Book

I keep the current year and discard it when I get the new one.
If you keep them all in order you can match them up to the pension estimate from the union when it gets close to your time to retire. You don't have to work 2080 hours to get credit for the year, you just have less money in your pension for that year, correct? You need only meet the minimum number of hours to get the service credit.

Vette51

I also have seen a major problem with the retirement calculator that has changed over the last 4 months.Nothing little..huge difference.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you keep them all in order you can match them up to the pension estimate from the union when it gets close to your time to retire. You don't have to work 2080 hours to get credit for the year, you just have less money in your pension for that year, correct? You need only meet the minimum number of hours to get the service credit.

It is not necessary to keep all of them in order----all you have to do is compare the information on the current one to that on the new one. If the info is correct you can then discard the old one.

Yes, you don't have to work 2080 hours to get a year of pension credit----our minimum is 1000 hours (FT) and 500 (PT). While working fewer hours will not affect your personal pension payment, it will impact the pension fund as a whole due to the reduced contributions.

By The Book

It is not necessary to keep all of them in order----all you have to do is compare the information on the current one to that on the new one. If the info is correct you can then discard the old one.

Yes, you don't have to work 2080 hours to get a year of pension credit----our minimum is 1000 hours (FT) and 500 (PT). While working fewer hours will not affect your personal pension payment, it will impact the pension fund as a whole due to the reduced contributions.
I'm pretty sure if you meet the minimum requirement for the service credit and work less than 2080 hours your pension will definitely be less. We are paid on all hours worked up to 2080, but not paid for hours not worked between 1000 and 2080 if you didn't work them. You are correct on the impact. I know there you are right on not keeping the last pension report however I keep them for reference, like my paystubs.