EV truck Fiasco

FedupExpress

As you guys know the EVs are worthless and even more so are the charging stations...

We currently have someone assigned every night moving them around in hopes that they will charge.

A family member is an electrical engineer and friends with VP of a company attempting to get the contract to fix em.

Apparently fedex went cheap cheap and didn't get proper chargers for these tin cans.

It's funny because management is telling everyone that the company that built em went out of business..
More lies from fedex, what do you expect!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230829-055145_Telegram.jpg
    Screenshot_20230829-055145_Telegram.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 41

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
As you guys know the EVs are worthless and even more so are the charging stations...

We currently have someone assigned every night moving them around in hopes that they will charge.

A family member is an electrical engineer and friends with VP of a company attempting to get the contract to fix em.

Apparently fedex went cheap cheap and didn't get proper chargers for these tin cans.

It's funny because management is telling everyone that the company that built em went out of business..
More lies from fedex, what do you expect!
@59 Dano .

I know you are paid to defend the stupidity of those at corporate, but my question: Is there a contest at Corporate to see who can out-stupid everyone else?

My CDO* would force me to seek other employment if I was you. :no:

*my obsessive-compulsive disorder is so strong that the letters have to be in alphabetical order!

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I remember all the EVs they bought for the DCA station that ended up at the heavy duty truck mechanic’s shop in the burbs because FedEx had no one to maintain them. Years later, they’re probably still rusting in the parking lot. Lol.

Artee

The real story is the chargers are made by BTC power. The EV trucks that FedEx we're supposed to buy we're going to be made by Chanje. Chanje and BTC had a partnership where BTC was going to make the chargers for the Chanje trucks. The chargers were installed at many FedEx locations in California. Chanje went out of business. FedEx now decided to buy their EV trucks from BrightDrop. The chargers were not made for this EV vehicle, hence the poor charging performance.

FedupExpress

The real story is the chargers are made by BTC power. The EV trucks that FedEx we're supposed to buy we're going to be made by Chanje. Chanje and BTC had a partnership where BTC was going to make the chargers for the Chanje trucks. The chargers were installed at many FedEx locations in California. Chanje went out of business. FedEx now decided to buy their EV trucks from BrightDrop. The chargers were not made for this EV vehicle, hence the poor charging performance.
I love it, this is even more stupid than I imagined.