Ex-package driver here; I feel your pain

DS

Fenderbender
What, you think I get my kicks going to forums about other people's workplaces, learning some terms and words and then pretending to be one of them? LOL, and the point of that would be what, exactly?

This is a public service message brought to you by EX 865576

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
...I then flew off to Phuket ...

I think line that tells us how believable the story is.....

Was in Phuket in 1989.
One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited!

Some of the ladies were just as gorgeous.
The future Mrs. bottomups kept me in line though.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So did "your" girls get paid a fair share of the revenue that they helped generate for you?

I dont mean to sound like a prude....I like to look at attractive women just as much as the next (straight) guy....but the line where you talk about returning to the states with 50 of "your models in the bank" sort of makes it sound like these women are just a commodity for you to profit off of.

trouble maker

i call BS on a large part of this story. a 2 tiered wage level for part timers was established in 1982,with starting pay for Reload at $8 and hour for Reload and $9 an hour for preload. His numbers for what he made when he started driving arent correct either.

good story tho!
I started in 83' and the wage was $8.00 an hour. I call BS too.

clueless

It is a real place in Thailand!

I was in Phuket in 2004 when the tsunami hit. Now you know the rest of the story.

Was in Phuket in 1989.
One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited!

Some of the ladies were just as gorgeous.
The future Mrs. bottomups kept me in line though.

Okay everyone. I stand corrected, but even still---you know...why a place with that name as part of this story....iykwim.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Holy snoozefest,, WHO CARES.. this guy and integrity should hook up,, call them team who cares all talk