Expect the Unexpected

browned out

Caseville man killed in crash with UPS truck - WNEM TV 5

Another very sad example of what could happen to anyone everyday. How many of us drive on 2 lane country black top roads with speed limits of 55 mph. Every single vehicle approaching the UPS package car is a hazard. We can not expect any drivers to act in a reasonable fashion. In the old days, 1980's 90's and at least half of the 00's; We as drivers did not have to worry about other drivers texting, watching videos on their phones, etc. If someone crosses over at the last second; the only option is to drive the package car into the ditch.

It is horrible that this young man's life has been cut short. It is also terrible that the UPS driver will have to live with this; even if there was no way to avoid this crash.

Armand Lanctot

you could only do so much to avoid an accident, bu UPS thinks we are gods behind a wheel of a machine that s mostly over loaded and un secure loads that reacts to an emergency situation and when it s the last second situation their not much you can do even if you are in your personal vehicle

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

you could only do so much to avoid an accident, bu UPS thinks we are gods behind a wheel of a machine that s mostly over loaded and un secure loads that reacts to an emergency situation and when it s the last second situation their not much you can do even if you are in your personal vehicle

This may be true but I have found that I am a better driver in my personal vehicle as a result of the training I have received from UPS.

BrownChoice

This may be true but I have found that I am a better driver in my personal vehicle as a result of the training I have received from UPS.

Very true! I agree 100%

unfortunately, my girlfriend still thinks she is somehow a better driver than i am. Yet she is the one following vehicles way to close and/or speeding. And because of the training i have received, i freak out at her bad habits everytime she's in the driver seat!

When i have children, im gonna have them memorize and practice the 5 seeing habits as well as the 10 point commentary when they turn 16, in order for them to drive!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When i have children, im gonna have them memorize and practice the 5 seeing habits as well as the 10 point commentary when they turn 16, in order for them to drive!!

Good luck with that. : )

I taught both of my kids how to drive. I had a standard at the time, which was a plus. We would go to the UPS parking lot on the weekends and spend hours on end practicing different driving scenarios.

You would think that after all of that at least one of them would back in to a parking spot.

Buck Fifty

I taught both of my kids how to drive. I had a standard at the time, which was a plus. We would go to the UPS parking lot on the weekends and spend hours on end practicing different driving scenarios.

You would think that after all of that at least one of them would back in to a parking spot.

Replaced a clutch in a Toyota truck from my boy in the back field. He's been driving an automatic ever since. As for backing into a parking spot... I would be like a DSup, outside of the vehicle. Love him to death.....but COME on MAN !

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I would always make fun of my dad for backing into parking spaces. Just told him the other day sorry. I understand now. All parking should be back in honestly. Everyone pulling out is blind.

brown metal coffin

The "firm" is in my head so much that sometimes I think that if I start my personal vehicle without my seatbelt on its gonna show up on the telematics report; and you know what that means...:beafraid:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Every once In awhile........I tap my horn when I put my own car in reverse!:fishbashsmile:
Lmao....reminds me when I worked the customer service counter at costco... we had to answer the phone..."Thank you for calling Costco in (location), my name is ____...how can I help you today?." Every so often, I'd find myself answering my cell phone the same way....lol.

Lmao....reminds me when I worked the customer service counter at costco... we had to answer the phone..."Thank you for calling Costco in (location), my name is ____...how can I help you today?." Every so often, I'd find myself answering my cell phone the same way....lol.
Thank goodness you dont use your 976 answer for your other part time job!:kidseyessmiley2: