F/T to P/T?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by xkingx, Oct 8, 2007.

1. xkingx

xkingx Member

is there a way to go from F/T to P/T for about a year? Couldnt find it in the book, thought I read about it on here awhile back..Mixed on giving up my F/T status,basically quitting to get rehired P/T,even though Ive been here for 16years already...

.Also, FMLA can they deny you, say youve just given birth or would it be safe/easier to go out on a medical FMLA?

2. HazMatMan

HazMatMan New Member

Why would you give up 16 years full-time??? If your wife gives birth you get a week off with no pay, if you as a female give birth you get time off with no loss of seniority.

3. Dirty Savage

Dirty Savage Paranoid Android

What the hell man? Why don't you just go on paternity leave? Dude at my centre did that for a while.

4. xkingx

xkingx Member

its not all 16 years of F/T ..nowhere near it [= this is my 3rd and final kid..Ive been out on STD which has rolled over to LTD...Kind of sticky situation..DH has an offer of a better job claiming to get yearly pay of what we make...Im not trying to have both parents working 8-8, 5 days a week...I dont believe in having kids for others 2 raise..
    So, I basically want to test the waters before making the decision...Dont want to go blindly into what a company is supposively offering my husband..

i tried the he be the Stay at home dad but I guess most men dont like the idea of their woman making more than them?!