Swap Grievance Pay for Job

HubSnakeWrangler

Did you have approved intermittent FMLA? I'm a hubrat but had to leave about 3hrs before my 8 due to my medical condition. FT'er told me it would be job abandonment if I left. Reported FMLA to The Hartford next morning. When he pulled me into office I showed him my approved FMLA day and steward asked if he'd like to go further, " we have a legal fund for a reason". Went right back to work with a sorry. Lol

542thruNthru

You should come to 104 my guy. The managers scatter like cockroaches when a BA walks in.
you-aint-gotta-lie-dont-bother.gif

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
@BigUnionGuy could you take this one

My steward traded his grievances to bring a guy back during the holidays once. BA didn't really approve but told him it's his grievances so he won't stop it but it's a bad idea to do something like that because it makes the company think they can just fire someone to eliminate costly grievance.

That's the only time I've heard of it happening.

I say "let the chips fall where they may".

You will never be looked on with any respect.... if you whore yourself out. Even once.

kingdiamondstylus

Did you have approved intermittent FMLA? I'm a hubrat but had to leave about 3hrs before my 8 due to my medical condition. FT'er told me it would be job abandonment if I left. Reported FMLA to The Hartford next morning. When he pulled me into office I showed him my approved FMLA day and steward asked if he'd like to go further, " we have a legal fund for a reason". Went right back to work with a sorry. Lol
In hindsight that’s how I think it should have go down. Because yes I do have FMLA. I was weak and I was scared for my future.

No more😂😂

The pants weren’t soiled.
My shorts were split from the seams. See above post re: 3 pts contact

DOK

I would’ve politely declined that offer from your Steward, if what you say is true and you had a medical emergency and had to leave and informed management, I highly doubt you would’ve been terminated unless there’s a lot more to the story that I don’t know. I’ve had plenty of people in the middle of the day with a medical emergency. Also, where was your business agent during this agreement?
A lot more to this story that’s for sure. Some of these stories on here man, they’re just mind blowing.

El Correcto

god is dead
Hi everyone. RPCD from Desert Mountan district here.

I wanted to ask if other members had ever traded their grievances for their jobs in the past? In my building it’s not only normal but some drivers even traded their grievances in order to secure someone ELSES job.

I know that in other Centers some drivers file a lot of grievances during Peak for supe working. This year, I had about 8$k in grievances waiting to be settled. In the meantime just after the new year, I had a medical issue while I was on the clock. I had to end my day early and essentially immediately with little notice to management. Even though I have FMLA, they still put my feet to the fire, fired me for abandoning my job. Just before my Center level hearing, my Steward said that they were all over me for the grievances and would I settle the termination case by surrendering those (unrelated) grievances. I could return to work immediately if so. The other option I was given was to face the panel in about a month for possible discharge because at this point the company didn’t want to negotiate.

I did give them the money since I was too scared of losing somehow at panel. Obviously it’s already passed but in hindsight it seemed shady because now I feel like their eyes are on me again. And with no more pending grievances I feel very vulnerable. Plus they doing everything to cut that they can. Now I’m double nervous.

Does this happen in your building?
Will they still focus on me or will I have a little bit of peace?

They still haven’t paid out our grievances from Peak either btw.

Thanks for your input.

FTM’s!!!
I think the steward did the right thing letting you know all the options available to you.
I think you made the wrong choice if you’re a grievance filer. I think they would much rather get rid of you than recover short term grievance pay outs, if they were negotiating while “not wanting to negotiate” that sounds like weakness to me.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
lol 104 is the weakest wackest local. You think anyone scatters when shorty is around lol
Don’t know who shorty is. How many locals have you been around? I know a few people from a few others and 104 seems pretty solid in comparison. Maybe not the wondrous land of @542thruNthru but I’ve had good experiences. And hey aren’t you management?