failed for not memorizing 10 point paragraphs word-for-word...?

browned_out

With the recent changes in our districts/regions, we have a new district manager that "has never failed a ketter audit". So starting with today we now have to write out the whole dok on paper every tuesday. We are only being given 20 minutes to complete as much as we can, then we will be graded on our work. When will it end, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID DOK!!!!!!!!!

Buck Fifty

With the recent changes in our districts/regions, we have a new district manager that "has never failed a ketter audit". So starting with today we now have to write out the whole dok on paper every tuesday. We are only being given 20 minutes to complete as much as we can, then we will be graded on our work. When will it end, NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID DOK!!!!!!!!!

It will end in about 2 to 3 weeks, once the new flavor is made and distributed,

ibleedbrown

was the different 10 point commentary that they switched on you a condensed version? let us know if this is what they switched it to.
i saw this hanging up in my building and it is different than the study sheet they gave me.

the highlighted ones are mostly the same but the explanations are different
instead of starting up at intersection this one says

1. starting up at intersections
look left, right and left. check rear view camera, mirrors
2. when stopped in traffic
leave a car length of space. this will allow you to pull your car around if it should stall and will give you an instant cushion if it should make a turn.
3. count 1,2,3 after vehicle ahead has started to move
this establishes space cushion. check rear view camera, mirrors.
4. 4-6 seconds following time for speeds < 30mph,
6-8 seconds following time for speeds > 30mph
keeps you from getting a fixation on the car ahead.
5. 8-12 seconds eye lead time
pick a stationary object ahead, the depth at which your eyes should be focused.
6. scan steering wheels
look and see whether or not cars at curb are occupied.
7. stale green lights
point of decision.
8. eye contact
use horn, lights and signals to communicate in traffic.
9. pulling from curb
glance over left shoulder
10. use of mirrors
use every 5-8 seconds

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

We went through something similar about 10 years ago.

I got tired of writing the same crap over and over every week, so I just filled the damn thing out and made a bunch of photocopies with the date blank, and kept a stack of them in my locker. On "test day" I would just date the form, (making sure to use the same color ink as the printer used) and turn it in to the Safety Committee weenie. They finally caught on to me after a couple of months and told me I couldnt do that any more. It was great while it lasted.

the one he gave me at the okc hub was a longer version, and he said that was the one i needed to memorize. also, my class was only supposed to be 2, maybe 3 days... UPS, is really starting to be a thorn in my ass. i have to work 2 jobs to keep a roof over my head but i cannot quit because of what the future will bring..... my goodness. would everyone like me to type what is needed to be memorized?

ibleedbrown

the one he gave me at the okc hub was a longer version, and he said that was the one i needed to memorize. also, my class was only supposed to be 2, maybe 3 days... UPS, is really starting to be a thorn in my ass. i have to work 2 jobs to keep a roof over my head but i cannot quit because of what the future will bring..... my goodness. would everyone like me to type what is needed to be memorized?

if its not too much to ask that would be cool. this is what they gave me.

1. starting up at an intersection. look left right and left check rear view mirrors
2. when stopped in traffic a car length of space is required from the vehicle ahead. this allows you room to pull around
the vehicle ahead if it should stall and gives you an instant cushion should it make a turn.
3. count 1,2,3 after vehicle ahead has started to move this is done when stopped in traffic at an intersection behind another vehicle.
check rear view mirrors check rear view mirrors, count 1001,1002,1003 after it starts to move.
helps you to get a car length of space behind the vehicle ahead.
4. 4-6 seconds following time for speeds under 30mph 6-8 seconds for speeds over 30mph helps keep you from getting a fixation on the vehicle ahead
and helps to maintain and hold the proper eye lead time.
5. 8-12 seconds eye lead time this is the best way to keep your eyes ahead of your wheels
and is the depth at which your eyes should be focused the majority of the time. take the path of least resistance.
6. scan steering wheels of parked cars to see if they are occupied. check to see if cars parked on the curb are occupied.
this is the only time they area danger to you. if they are occupied the driver is likely to pull from the curb or exit the vehicle.
7. stale green lights the point of decision is an imaginary line you set up between your vehicle and the crosswalk when approaching a stale green light.
since you do not know if the light should turn red you must be certain of the point behind that you must stop if the light should change. helps you get the big picture.
8. eye contact. when you must depend on people along the edge of your path to stay put until you are past the danger point it is imperative that
you get their attention. the horn and lights are your tools when you do not have eye contact, only when you have eye contact can you be sure that
they will act in a reasonably predictable manner to avoid a dangerous situation. the use of the horn to convey a friendly message seems to be a lost art.
communicate in traffic use your horn, lights and signals
9. pulling from curb when pulling from curb glance over your left shoulder. lll left signal, left mirror, left blind spot.
10. use of mirrors as a rule of thumb every 5-8 seconds.

GameCockFan

When I started you only had to know the 5 seeing habits. Manager left the room and said write down as much as you know. On each wall of the office was a placard with 5 seeing habits. If you couldn't pass that one they didn't want you as a driver.

10 POINT COMMENTARY

1. STARTING UP AT INTERSECTION
look left, right, and left. check rear view mirrors.
2. WHEN STOPPED IN TRAFFIC
when stopped in traffic, a car length of space is required from the vehicle ahead. this will allow enough space to pull your car around the vehicle ahead if it should stall and will give an instant cushion if it should make a turn.
3. COUNT ONE-TWO-THREE AFTER VEHICLE AHEAD HAS STARTED TO MOVE
this step is to be followed when stopped at an intersection behind another vehicle. check rear view mirrors.
4. FOUR TO SIX SECONDS FOLLOWING TIME FOR SPEEDS UNDER 30 MPH, 6-8 SECONDS FOR SPEEDS OVER 30 MPH
this is to keep you from getting a fixation on the car ahead and to allow time to obtain and hold the proper eye-lead time.
5. EIGHT TO TWELVE SECONDS EYE-LEAD TIME
this is the best way to keep your eyes ahead of your wheels and is the depth at which your eyes should be focused most of the time.
6. SCAN STEERING WHEELS
look and see whether or not cars at the curb are occupied. this is the only time they are a threat. if they are occupied the driver is probably about to exit from the car or pull out from the curb.
7. STALE GREEN LIGHTS
the point of decision is an imaginary line that you set up between your vehicle and the crosswalk when you are approaching an intersection with a stale green light. since you are not sure of the light, you must be sure of the point behind which you will stop if the light should start to change. this helps you get the big picture.
8. EYE CONTACT
when you must depend on anyone along the edge of your driving path to stay put until you are past the danger point, it is imperative that you get their attention. the horn and lights are your communication tools when you do not have eye contact. proper use of the horn to express a friendly message seems in many instances to be a lost art. only when you have eye contact can you expect the other person to react in a resonably predictable manner to avoid a dangerous situation.
9. PULLING FROM CURB
glance over left shoulder when pulling from curb.
10. USE OF MIRRORS
as a rule of mirrors, once ever 5-8 seconds.

5 SEEING HABITS

AIM HIGH IN STEERING
How do you do it? you pick an imaginary target centered in the lane of travel well ahead and aim for it.
when you throw a baseball you aim for the catcher's mitt.
when throwing darts you aim at the dartboard.
What does it do for you? it centers your vehicle in the traffic lane and helps you find a safe path on turns.
The key phrase to remember: "find a safe path well ahead"

GET THE BIG PICTURE
How do you do it? determine how wide and deep it is and what's in it. identify objects and ground hazards.
What does it do for you? it keeps you away from billboards and provides for smooth stops and turns, and buy's time.
The key phrase to remember: "stay back and see it all"

KEEP YOUR EYES MOVING
How do you do it? move your eyes to the front every 2 seconds and to the rear every 5-8 seconds.
What does it do for you? it keeps you alive at intersections and keeps your eyes ahead of your vehicle.
The key phrase to remember: "scan, don't stare

LEAVE YOURSELF AN OUT
How do you do it? have an escape route and take the path of least resistence.
What does it do for you? it provides space on all four sides, especially in front.
The key phrase to remember: be prepared, expect the unexpected"

MAKE SURE THEY SEE YOU
How do you do it? communicate in traffic using your horns, lights, and signals.
What does it do for you? it establishes eye-to-eye contact.
The key phrase to remember: don't gamble, use your horn, lights, and signals"

that's exactly what i was given at school to remember for school next time. study up pt'ers :)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
this stuff means even less to me as a mechanic

I'm not picking on you Wrench, but here's my b*tch.

You guys have to go out and drive a PC for any number of reasons. We have shifters and car washers sent out every day to pull air off drivers to make the plane. H*ll, the year I spent as a 22.3, pre-load/porter, I ran overflow to the satelites and/or ran a partial route 2 or 3 days every week and never had to do that crap.

​WTF???

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
yeah, i year ya. i just think the yearly s&v would be sufficient for mechanics like myself. we get drilled on hazmat and package handling too. not what i signed up for. already got a cdl

UPSGUY72

You need to know the

1. five seeing habits
2. 10 point commentary,
3. 8 yard rules These you need to know pretty much word for word to pass driving school
4. 6 backing rules
5. keys to avoid slips and falls
6. 8 keys to lifting and lowering

7. What to do about a leaking package in building and on car.
8. Where to assemble when the fire alarms goes off.
9. Where to assemble in case of a tornado.

ibleedbrown

6 rules? i only learned 5?? also u will learn the keys to pushing and pulling, diad, service labels etc etc basically they will push a crapload of info down your yhtoat. can't wait!!!!:knockedout:

You need to know the

1. five seeing habits
2. 10 point commentary,
3. 8 yard rules These you need to know pretty much word for word to pass driving school
4. 6 backing rules

You forgot where is the nearest bar!

balland chain

Kinda funny they want us to know where to go in case of a tornado.. Have they ( MGMT) ever realized that we are on the road most of our day ?? If they are truly concerned about our safety, they should teach us what to do if on area and there is a tornado.. 1) listen for siren indicating there is a tornado in the area 2) dont stop working or you will be written up/fired 3) pray that you are not killed .!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If they are truly concerned about our safety, they should teach us what to do if on area and there is a tornado..

They do, it's in the yearly Hazmat training video. If there is a tornado on area, you should secure your vehicle and get as far away as possible, going and laying in a ditch or the lowest spot you can find. They don't leave us Totally high and dry

over9five

Staff member
They do, it's in the yearly Hazmat training video. If there is a tornado on area, you should secure your vehicle and get as far away as possible, going and laying in a ditch or the lowest spot you can find. They don't leave us Totally high and dry
They told us to make sure we clock out for this, just like when you have to pee.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You need to know the

1. five seeing habits
2. 10 point commentary,
4. 6 backing rules

...or what???