Fatality in Florida??

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I decided to delete 33 off-topic posts in this thread out of respect for its original intent. We lost two fellow workers in a horrible accident, we need to keep that in mind. Condolences to the families and friends of these two men.

Thank you.

And, I agree.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Heard nothing about this in our center.

Sad.
UPS released the following statement:

Sadly, UPS can verify the fatalities of two experienced, long-service UPS drivers working as part of a team for long-haul movements. These drivers were based out of Florida. We are working with authorities on an investigation that includes many variables under review: weather, road conditions, nearby vehicles and on-scene reports.

Fire destroyed both the tractor and the single trailer attached. Any packages impacted will have exceptions noted in their tracking detail, and UPS will work with shippers for a claims process.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
So nice of the company to send out its thoughts to the drivers families in the press release.

Of course they made sure to include that they would work with shippers on claims for any impacted packages.

My thoughts are with these drivers families. Embarrassing.
It was a Press Release.
A Press Release is for the public and specifically UPS Shippers and Consignees.

UPS released the following statement:

Sadly, UPS can verify the fatalities of two experienced, long-service UPS drivers working as part of a team for long-haul movements. These drivers were based out of Florida. We are working with authorities on an investigation that includes many variables under review: weather, road conditions, nearby vehicles and on-scene reports.

Fire destroyed both the tractor and the single trailer attached. Any packages impacted will have exceptions noted in their tracking detail, and UPS will work with shippers for a claims process.

oldandcrabby

ENOUGH ALREADY!
Quit the petty bickering PLEASE!
2 of our Brothers died burning to death!
We can only imagine the poor soul in the sleeper being woken up by the sound of the impact, and his last moments burning to death!
Please observe a moment of silence for loss of our Brothers.
Please help the families develop the strength to handle this sudden and tragic loss of their Son, Husband and Father. Hope their suffering was short and not prolonged.
My condolences to their Co-Workers as well.
Also remember, this could be one of us tomorrow, next, week, next month or next year, you never know.
We shall miss you now, but one day may get to meet you.
RIP Brothers!!
I am so sorry for this family's and friends loss. I as a ups wife and Mother appreciate your eloquent thoughts.

UPS4Life

I hear through the FNN that the truck they hit was stationary in a travel lane with it's lights off.
Watching the video in the news post that's the first thing that I thought of. Guy mentioned speed and ups was looking to see if weather was a factor I'm sorry but let's interview the guy they hit and see what he says........ That's if he speaks English. I can't even imagine 38 and 24 years of service. Just like someone else said kiss your loved ones good bye you just never know.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I hear through the FNN that the truck they hit was stationary in a travel lane with it's lights off.
This is very sad because it means this could have been avoided. And lives wouldn't have been lost. This is why truck regulations such as hours of service etc are so important. I'm betting the other truck might be in some major violations.

Ups suffered a great loss. I have nothing but amazing respect for feeders and the level of safety they have to drive at.

This is a good reminder of how we could all be gone in a second. I'll be hugging my kids and my wife more today.

The (DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION) D.O.T is a corrupt organization that should be ashamed of itself. They are bought off by politicians & lobbyist that are kicked back by companies like U.P.S to allow these companies to work an employee to a 60 hour max work week.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
The (DEPT OF TRANSPORTATION) D.O.T is a corrupt organization that should be ashamed of itself. They are bought off by politicians & lobbyist that are kicked back by companies like U.P.S to allow these companies to work an employee to a 60 hour max work week.
Oh good. Another government conspiracist. We need more of those here.

Oh good. Another government conspiracist. We need more of those here.
Hey Frigid,
Did U know 750 people die & 20,000 are injured every year just to fatigued drivers ? A prime example of that is the Tracy Morgan crash recently that killed his friend & comedy writer James Mcnair. That made the headlines because they were celebrities. But do yourself a favor & try reading between them !!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Hey Frigid, U don't know what the hell your talking about. Firstly, I usually don't waste my time explaining to ignorant narrow minded people. But, in your case i'll make an exception. Did U know 750 people die & 20,000 are injured every year just to fatigued drivers ? A prime example of that is the Tracy Morgan crash recently that killed his friend & comedy writer James Mcnair. That made the headlines because they were celebrities. But do yourself a favor & try reading between them !!! FOOL.

hat.gif

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Hey Frigid, U don't know what the hell your talking about. Firstly, I usually don't waste my time explaining to ignorant narrow minded people. But, in your case i'll make an exception. Did U know 750 people die & 20,000 are injured every year just to fatigued drivers ? A prime example of that is the Tracy Morgan crash recently that killed his friend & comedy writer James Mcnair. That made the headlines because they were celebrities. But do yourself a favor & try reading between them !!! FOOL.
197 million people hold drivers licenses. There are always going to be issues.

It's always rich being told I'm ignorant, and then educated by said member, when they can't even spell or use proper grammar.

UPS4Life

That's a piss poor example as the driver just came off his 34 hour reset and had a fresh clock for the week. He was never in violation of his hours.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
it's sad that this thread keeps getting off track with personal attacks or what not.

people, please remember that this thread is about 2 UPS drivers who were killed in the line of duty and the absolute nightmare that their families must be going through.

oldandcrabby

it's sad that this thread keeps getting off track with personal attacks or what not.

people, please remember that this thread is about 2 UPS drivers who were killed in the line of duty and the absolute nightmare that their families must be going through.
Please also remember that loved ones and friends may be reading here seeking comfort and closure.