Favorite vacation spot

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We rented a condo on the beach in Destin, Florida for our 30th anniversary. 21 more days, I'm starting to get excited about it.

UPS Lifer

I live in my favorite spot...
2 million tourists a year come to visit Sedona - I would have moved to Hawaii if my wife would have agreed to it.

As for vacation spots....

Fly to
1. - My Avatar - Over-the-water hut on Bora Bora and a Tahitian Cruise
2. - Mediterranean Cruise with a few days in Rome to start and capping it off in Venice for a few with wonderful memories in Nice - Cannes - Monaco - Corfu - Mykonos - Kusadasi Turkey
3. - Anywhere in Hawaii but prefer Maui, Kauai and the big island
4. - Downtown Chicago
5. - Florida Keys
6. - Alaskan Cruise

Drive to

California
San Diego - LaJolla - Dana Point - Newport Beach - Monterey - Carmel - San Francisco

Least Favorite - Paris - The locals in Paris are snobs - anywhere fifty miles out of Paris - no problem

Bucket list - Australia - New Zealand - the east coast of USA - the south

My best advice is to follow your heart. Go where it leads you! Enjoy!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
the anniversary or the rental?:wink2:

What kind of question is that supposed to be? The prestine white sand and emerald green warm water of the Gulf of Mexico beats out any other beach I have ever been too. And that woman that has put up with me for 33 years isn't so bad either......

Justaname

What kind of question is that supposed to be? The prestine white sand and emerald green warm water of the Gulf of Mexico beats out any other beach I have ever been too. And that woman that has put up with me for 33 years isn't so bad either......
I got a week rental on a nice house is September dauphin island for my honey moon it seems tile it's taking forever. Been with her 9 years, sense I was 16 and I can't wait.

Justaname

Also if anybody has tips on surf fishing I'd love to hear them. It'll be my first time and ill be spending about 150 on rod and reel.

S

serenity now

good answer

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
good answer

It took me a while, but I finally learned how to give "good answers".

Justaname, A buddy of mine rented a house on Daphne Island and loved it. We used to go across the bay to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach a lot, another good place to go.

Justaname

Rather than spend the money to buy why don't you just rent them for the week? How often would you use the equipment once your vacation is over?
It's about 20 bucks a day to rent a pole on the docks, and I plan on fishing almost everyday. Plus the house has its own beach so there isn't really anywhere to rent from. Also, I can use the pole later in the Mississippi for heavier catfish. Financially it seems worth it to me. Fishing is my way of relaxing and forgetting the world.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Also if anybody has tips on surf fishing I'd love to hear them. It'll be my first time and ill be spending about 150 on rod and reel.
You can't go wrong with Penn Equipment get a decent spinning reel Penn 760 SS Liveliner ,you can go cheaper on the pole 10 footer should be about right ugly stick or a cheaper Penn. Striper.jpg
Striper.jpg

Last edited:

over9five

Staff member
My goodness, cruise prices are down! I'm assuming because of all the problems cruise ships have been having.
Wasn't going to go this year, but after the email I got from Carnival.....
​Might have to go!

brapkurst

Much more convenient and even cheaper for northerners now that there are year round sailings out of New York, or New Jersey, depending on the cruise line. 8 day Bahamas out of New York on Carnival in January for 319-359!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
7 miles up Forest Road 2234 in the Oregon Cascades, next to Tule Lake. No running water, no electricity, just a tent or a camping trailer and an eye- watering view of Mount Jefferson. You can watch the sun come up behind it in the morning, and see its snow covered slopes turn bright orange as the sun sets in the evening. No noise, no traffic, just the sound of the wind in the mountains. There is just enough cell phone reception to make a text message so you arent completely cut off from the outside world, but you cant talk on the phone or use the internet. Its a healthy way to unplug for a week.

moreluck

golden ticket member
7 miles up Forest Road 2234 in the Oregon Cascades, next to Tule Lake. No running water, no electricity, just a tent or a camping trailer and an eye- watering view of Mount Jefferson. You can watch the sun come up behind it in the morning, and see its snow covered slopes turn bright orange as the sun sets in the evening. No noise, no traffic, just the sound of the wind in the mountains. There is just enough cell phone reception to make a text message so you arent completely cut off from the outside world, but you cant talk on the phone or use the internet. Its a healthy way to unplug for a week.
Bears ? Snakes? Pumas?
We used to camp (no water, no elec, nothing..........near the Snake River in Idaho. The biggest scare we ever had was a huge moose and a swarm of bees. That's the first time I ever saw a swarm of bees.....like a dark cloud. Spooky stuff.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Bears ? Snakes? Pumas?
We used to camp (no water, no elec, nothing..........near the Snake River in Idaho. The biggest scare we ever had was a huge moose and a swarm of bees. That's the first time I ever saw a swarm of bees.....like a dark cloud. Spooky stuff.

I have never seen a poisonous snake up there. It gets too cold and snowy up there for snakes to survive. We have had patches of snow on the ground where we camp well into July. I have seen a few bears, but they are the smaller black bears that are afraid of people. There are also cougars (pumas) but they are not known to attack people or go anywhere near campsites and if I ever saw one get within 100 yards of where we camped I would shoot it. Most of the wildlife we see up there are deer and elk. Last year we saw a whole herd of elk, and had a doe and her fawn walk right through our campsite.

over9five

Staff member
My goodness, cruise prices are down! I'm assuming because of all the problems cruise ships have been having.
Wasn't going to go this year, but after the email I got from Carnival.....
​Might have to go!
Oh yeah, couldn't resist the low prices!
Cozumel
Costa Maya
Isla Roatan
Belize

​If anyone has any advice on what to do in any of these places, let me know. We have ideas except for Belize....

moreluck

golden ticket member
Scuba & snorkel is mentioned many times in Belize "things to do".

"Serenely situated in one of the last unspoiled places on earth, you can tour our rain forests, SCUBA dive or snorkel the Western Hemisphere’s largest barrier reef or explore mystical Maya temples – all during the same Caribbean adventure.

klein

Für Meno :)
Oh yeah, couldn't resist the low prices!
Cozumel
Costa Maya
Isla Roatan
Belize

​If anyone has any advice on what to do in any of these places, let me know. We have ideas except for Belize....
Really ? What do you expect to do in a 6 hr stay ? Drink beer ! ;) LOL